Company: Hazel & Schwab
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Position SummaryThe primary function of this position is to
perform the billing, bookkeeping and accounting functions of the
firm. This position requires an experienced and accomplished person
with a strong bookkeeping and computer background. The position
requires skills and experience in bookkeeping, accounting, law firm
billing and QuickBooks software. The position requires experience
in a law or other professional service firm environment.Reporting
RelationshipThis position reports to the firm owner.Required
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Must have at least 2+ years bookkeeping experience as a
full-charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client
billing in a law or professional service firm environment.
- Must have experience with law firm billing or other
professional service firm (TimeSlips or appropriate software that
the firm is using) and accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.Duties
- Perform all bookkeeping functions
- Performs all client billing functions and other accounts
- Pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and client costs in
billing and accounting systems.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for
the IOLTA trust account in the accounting systems.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Work up and make bank deposits for the operating and IOLTA
- Handle payroll.
- Handle Insurance
- Provide all required financial reports to the firm owner on a
- Coordination with the firm's accountants.
- Management and oversight of the billing and accounting
systems.Job Type: Part-timePay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurancePhysical Setting:
- OfficeSupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payCOVID-19 considerations:Clients are required to wear
masks when meeting with staff. Extra precautions have been taking
to sanitize the officeEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Hazel & Schwab, Yakima , Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!