Company: Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Announcement #2022-117Issue Date:04-22-22Closing
Date:05-05-22Administrative AssistantRevenue Allocation
PlanDepartment of Finance Hourly Wage: $15.43/Regular/Full-TimeThe
Administrative Assistant is responsible to answer, direct or
forward general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous
manner. Reply to general information request with accurate
information. Greets client/suppliers/visitors to the organization
in a professional and friendly manner. Ensures the efficient
day-to-day operation of the office, supports the work of management
and other staff. The Administrative Assistant may be required to
work some overtime hours if necessary.Examples of Work
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities-Administrative Assistant
performs a grange of duties including all of the following;
- Office administration.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database
software to prepare reports, memorandums, and documents.
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, and deliveries for
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that
basic supplies are always available.
- Code and file material according to the established
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedure.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office personnel timesheets,
annual leave audits and files.
- Assist with financial management.
- Use computer software to prepared, monitor invoices and payment
information by cuff account tracking budgets and expenses.
- Prepare client changes and input into a database system such as
address and legal changes.
- Prepare income statement for clients and mail or forward to
- Code and file financial material according to established
records management procedures.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general administrative policies, procedures and
practices of the Yakama Nation and federal government.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of English grammar,
punctuation and spelling.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the fundamentals of basic
- Knowledge of filing principles and procedure; file information
alphabetically, numerically and chronologically.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to demonstrate dependable work attendance.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory work
relationships with members of the Tribal Council, Tribal and
Federal employees, managers and coworkers.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as a
calculator, keyboard, copier, scan and fax.
- Ability to type and keyboard proficiently and accurately.
- Ability to operate standard financial software system such as a
Dynamics 365 system.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience comparable to an Office Assistant V or
- Required to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Enrolled Yakama Preference but all qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation, Yakima , Administrative Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!