Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer- KATS
Company: Townsquare Media
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer - KATSThe Legendary Yakima
Rock station, KATS-FM is looking for its next Content
Creator/Afternoon Show Host Superstar! Come Rock in sunny Yakima,
- This is a Full-time in-office position working closely and
collaboratively with a Team*Townsquare Media Yakima has an open
opportunity to host the #1 PM Drive Rock show on 94.5 KATS-FM.
Along with great on-air skills, we're looking for a strong content
creator and someone to be the champion of the station on the
streets - you must be a 360 talent to propel the brand to new
heights.Townsquare is a digital-first company, built in tandem with
great radio brands that emphasize great local content and community
involvement. You must be excited to embrace and prioritize the
digital world alongside the terrestrial and be ready to learn and
grow with a world-class team.Applicants must be social media savvy,
regularly contribute great local content to the station's website,
mobile app, and all social platforms. Digital is not an
afterthought here, it is integral in combination with Radio - and
what sets us apart.The successful candidate must be able to connect
and engage with the station's target audience on all platforms.
You're ready to put down roots, build local relationships and
become a part of the Yakima community - at a driven and innovative
company that strongly values our most important asset - our people.
We're in it for the long haul, and we're looking for someone that's
ready to build and be part of that future.Responsibilities
- Host afternoon drive program and be live on air 3 pm to 7 pm
Monday - Friday.
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep.
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air,
via digital content, and social media outlets.
- Publish a minimum of 2 original local articles per day on the
station website and mobile app.
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media
- Conducts on-air interviews, attends and assists in all market
cluster live events, and produces commercials on a daily
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special
promotions and programming activities.Qualifications
- History of original written digital content
- Knowledge of basic FCC rules and regulations.
- Must have superior knowledge of current events and the Active
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels,
multi-task, and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and
other related production equipment.
- Quickly become proficient in NexGen and Adobe Audition.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners
and clients in a public setting.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.Benefits
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteeringAbout UsTownsquare is a
community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions and
radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our
assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services
subscription business providing web sites, search engine
optimization, social platforms and online reputation management for
approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital
programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand and
data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of
322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with
corresponding local news and entertainment websites and apps
including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and
NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands
including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com
and Loudwire.com.TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.Townsquare
Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of
workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Townsquare Media's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Keywords: Townsquare Media, Yakima , Radio Host/ Digital Content Writer- KATS, Advertising , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!