High School Principal
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : February 12, 2021 Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
Description Tel: 509 349-2366 FAX: 509 349-2367 Job Title: High
School Principal Date:--February 12, 2021 Job Description
EMPLOYMENT LEVEL: High School Principal SALARY RANGE: $105,000 -
$130,000 (depending upon depth of qualifications) JOB SUMMARY
Warden Principals are expected to be instructional leaders. As
such, they are expected to spend the majority of their time,
energy, and talents focused on the quality of education being
offered at their schools. An instructional leader is one who
understands the tremendous complexity of teaching and learning, and
devotes the majority of the professional day planning,
implementing, and monitoring initiatives to improve instructional
practices regularly and provides regular feedback that is candid
and meaningful. The principal is responsible for the development
and continuous improvement of a quality instructional program and
productive, safe learning environment within his/her school
community. Using leadership, communication, and management skills,
the principal will work collaboratively with staff, parents, and
students to promote learning for students and staff. DUTIES AND
- Articulate and support the mission, goals, and policies of the
Warden School District as specified in administrative policy,
procedures, and practices.
- Articulate and model high expectations and motivate others to
achieve high levels of performance.
- Work collaboratively with staff, students, parents, and other
members of the school community to help improve student learning
using data, judgment, best practices and problem-solving
- Utilize leadership skills to work with staff, parents, and
students to articulate, implement, achieve, and evaluate district
and school improvement goals. Instruction and the Learning
- Ensures alignment and implementation of best instructional
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate level curricula and
- Provide support and resources to school staff to employ
effective classroom instructional strategies that meet student
- Analyzes and interprets multiple data sources to inform
school-level improvement efforts.
- Assists staff in using data to guide, modify and improve
classroom teaching and learning.
- Establish efficient schedules and other organizational routines
that enhance instructional program improvement and student
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of technology as an essential
learning tool in the classroom and overall instructional program
and assess the use of technology.
- Work cooperatively with district administrators and program
specialists to meet student needs.
- Provide a variety of opportunities for student involvement in
clubs, government, and recreational activities. Supervision and
Evaluation of Personnel
- Monitors & assists staff in implementing effective instruction
and assessment practices.
- Maintain a confidential relationship with employees regarding
individual personnel matters.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and meaningful verbal and written
feedback to certificated and classified staff regarding
- Develop a plan for assistance or remediation with certificated
or classified staff when needed.
- Be accessible for consultation with certificated and classified
- Demonstrate effective coaching, mentoring, and conferencing
- Create, implement, and evaluate the in-service and professional
growth opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and uphold the laws, regulations,
policies, and contractual obligations related to the supervision
and evaluation of school personnel. Communication
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all members of the
school community and the district.
- Maintain a positive relationship with students, staff, parents,
and community by modeling respect, cooperation, and professionalism
with others, recognizing the personal achievements and professional
contributions of others and demonstrating knowledge of and
sensitivity toward individuals and groups from all racial, ethnic,
socio-economic, gender, disability, and lifestyle backgrounds.
- Develop a school communications and family engagement plan to
address important issues for the school, district, and
- Report student progress in ongoing and meaningful way to
parents. Management and Administration
- Work cooperatively with other district administrators and
program specialists to secure resources and support for basic
school needs, including the selection of personnel and appropriate
work roles to staff.
- Develop and monitor plans for the efficient and safe operation
of the school facility and grounds.
- Manage resources and budgets according to district and school
program needs and involve others in decisions concerning school
operations and safety.
- Provide for physical, intellectual and emotional safety in
order for effective teaching and learning to take place.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and uphold all policies, procedures,
regulations, laws, and contractual obligations to effectively
manage the school facility and instructional program.
- Supervise and approve the preparation and timely submission of
all school reports and forms for the district office, e.g.,
payroll, enrollment, work orders, requisitions, etc. Professional
Preparation and Growth
- Work cooperatively with his or her supervisor to develop goals
for personal growth and organizational improvement.
- Demonstrate responsibility for pursuing goals and professional
growth and demonstrate knowledge of the best practices and
innovations in educational leadership, program development, and
- Participate in essential professional growth opportunities and
apply new knowledge and skills in practice.
- Participate as a team member with colleagues, including
initiating or sharing new ideas.
- Seek suggestions for and respond positively to suggestions for
professional improvement. Other
- Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be
assigned by the Superintendent. QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree with a major in educational administration or
appropriate related field.
- Valid Washington State principal credentials or ability to
- Experience in public school administration and supervision
- Successful experience as a classroom teacher and/or in a
- Demonstrated ability to work with people in a leadership
- Evidence of experience and training needed to perform the
functions described in the job description.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district
my find appropriate and acceptable.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Promoting a positive school climate where diversity is
- Fiscal management, strong and ethical decision making.
- Modeling integrity, ethical behavior, self-confidence, courage
and a sense of humor.
- Creating unity and respect in all relationships. EXPERIENCES
- Have at least three (3) years' experience as a building
- Have secondary administrative experience with discipline,
attendance, and supervision.
- Have experience with secondary ASB and/or athletics.
- Have experience and training with the Marzano Framework.
- Have experience working with diverse student populations.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Category : Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of
- Veronica Perez , Director of Business and Operations The
content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Yakima , High School Principal, Education / Teaching , Warden, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!