Clinical Assistant Professor- Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital
Company: Washington State University, College of Pharmacy a
Posted on: October 27, 2018
WSU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is seeking to hire a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy. This is a full-time, annual, non-tenure track, 12 month appointment. The primary site for this position is the Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital in Yakima, Washington. Responsibilities include:
• Maintenance of an innovative clinical practice.
• Supervision of pharmacy students and residents during clinical rotations.
• Provision of instruction in various courses in the PharmD curriculum.
• Provision of service to the department, college, and university.
• Collaborating with college support personnel.
• Development and maintenance of a program of scholarship. The appointment is a one year renewable appointment beginning as soon as possible. Individuals with a strong commitment to an academic career and an interest in innovative teaching and clinical practice models are encouraged to apply. The faculty member will be expected to contribute scholarly work in their area of clinical expertise and support the college through participation in service related activities according to the College’s Promotion Guidelines. Department:
The WSU campus in Spokane houses the main office of the Department of Pharmacotherapy. The department supports WSU -affiliated residency programs at clinical sites in Spokane, Yakima, and Wenatchee and will also support the PharmD program at the satellite campus in Yakima. The department integrates Yakima’s clinical faculty members into all aspects of the college including involvement in team taught courses and precepting students during their advanced practice experiences. For more information on the department, college and WSU see: www.pharmacy.wsu.edu and www.pharmacy.wsu.edu/pharmacotherapy. Location:
The city of Yakima is located in south-central Washington approximately half-way between Seattle and Spokane. The Yakima Valley offers the benefits of the Pacific Northwest lifestyle with more sunshine, less rain, and less traffic. Nearly every recreational activity is available in the valley or nearby including outdoor sports, wineries and theater. Yakima has two major hospitals to meet the community’s needs. Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital is a nationally recognized, award winning healthcare facility. It is a 225 bed acute-care community hospital, providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and critical care services. There are over 300 physicians on the hospital’s medical staff representing more than 30 medical specialties and sub-specialties including adult medicine and pediatric hospitalist programs. The Pharmacy Department provides 24 hour/7 day per week service and is staffed by 35 pharmacists and 40 technicians and support personnel. This position is one of two College of Pharmacy faculty positions at this institution. For information on Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital see: https://www.yakimamemorial.org/. Application Process: Apply online at: www.wsujobs.com/postings/40426 At the time of application, please be prepared to submit the following materials:
1) A letter of application describing your professional goals, relevant academic preparation, and experience;
2) A current curriculum vitae; and
3) complete contact information for three (3) professional references. Letters of recommendation will be requested of these three professional references for candidates invited to the campus interview process. The screening of applications will begin on October 1, 2018 and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Inquiries only may be directed to Brian Gates, Chair of Search Committee, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER . Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply. WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/). WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
Keywords: Washington State University, College of Pharmacy a, Yakima , Clinical Assistant Professor- Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital, Education / Teaching , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!