Company: Beef Northwest Feeders LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Ensures proper operation of machinery by performing preventative
maintenance and repair of all rolling stock and implements in the
feedyard. Equipment included: Commodity trailers, cattle trucks,
feed trucks, water trucks, tractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists,
and various hand/power tools.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements such as oil,
filter, lube and grease for rolling stock including feed trucks,
tractors, and other heavy equipment.
- Manages department parts and tool inventories by researching
costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels,
anticipating needed supplies, and placing orders.
- Complete work orders on all repairs detailing parts, work
completed, and time spent on repairs.
- Manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating
needs, and researching costs.
- Welding repair as needed
- Maintains shop appearance by disposing of trash, putting away
supplies/tools, sweeping, etc---
- Fill out and complete a daily checklist including preventive
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- Assist the other crews with maintenance issues when needed
(Feeding, Mill, Hospital, Processing)
- Other tasks or duties as required
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics and heavy equipment including
- Basic knowledge of email; Spreadsheet software and Database
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to drive and operate equipment (trucks, loaders,
- Must be responsible and trustworthy
- Flexibility to work longer than normal schedule (earlier or
- Excellent safety skills and awareness needed
- Must be a team player
Keywords: Beef Northwest Feeders LLC, Yakima , Mechanic, Engineering , Quincy, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!