Company: Waste Management
Posted on: January 26, 2023
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices
of all our Mechanics and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth,
opportunity, great benefits, rewards - check us out, we may be the
company for you.
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots,
repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment.
Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with
Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and ensures the
timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an
- Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately
complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions
- Advises supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or
if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance
related work as required.
- In the absence of supervision may provide maintenance
supervisory duties. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: No education required
- Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience. B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and
- Skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of
equipment and vehicles
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required. V.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Yakima , Landfill Mechanic, Engineering , Arlington, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!