FLIGHT CONTROLS MECHANIC
Company: HQ Aero Management
Location: Moses Lake
Posted on: May 24, 2023
FLIGHT CONTROLS MECHANIC
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced -FLIGHT CONTROLS
MECHANICS -in -MOSES LAKE, WA
- The Flight Controls Mechanic is responsible for the removal and
Installation of flight control surfaces, components, and repair to
ensure airworthiness. Utilizing OEM and Engineering drawings to
modify aircraft structure and flight controls on aircraft as
required. The Flight Controls Mechanic must be able to perform
weight and balance including calculation of flight control
surfaces, perform rigging and operational test of all flight
control surfaces including autopilot and troubleshoot flight
- Operates in compliance with company safety practices and
performs other duties as assigned.
- Working on numerous aircraft types including Boeing
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- Airframe and Powerplant license preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Previous Commercial MRO experience is
- Experience on 737/767/Airbus is required.
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft
maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
- Develop repair schemes utilizing -SRM -or Engineering
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all
levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work
progress and difficulties as they arise.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Criminal Background Check & Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol
screening checks are mandatory.
- Travel pay and Bonus offered
Essential Job Functions
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate
effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all
levels regarding job related issues.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental maintenance operations and
practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
- Proficiency in relevant specialty of aircraft.
- Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and
assigned work area.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance
manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to
determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or
- Conduct operational tests.
- Help with general clean-up of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to Interpret maintenance manuals, wiring prints, and
- High level of professionalism and attention to details. Able to
take direction and fit in with the team.
- Good documentation skills for work performed and
- Work with little or no direction.
- Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. Good vision and depth perception.
- Work Environment -: -FAR Part 135 aircraft maintenance in a
hangar and ramp environment.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to
- May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high,
precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne
- This position requires use of a respirator.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected by the successful applicant. It is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the successful applicant. The
successful applicant may be asked to perform other duties as
Keywords: HQ Aero Management, Yakima , FLIGHT CONTROLS MECHANIC, Engineering , Moses Lake, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...