12N Horizontal Construction Engineers
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: December 28, 2018
Before a road, airfield, or a building can be constructed, all obstacles must be removed from the site. As a Horizontal Construction Engineer in the Army National Guard, you'll handle the heavy lifting to help your crew succeed. You'll operate bulldozers, roadgraders, and other massive equipment to clear the way for construction.
Your responsibilities will include leveling earth for runways and roadbeds, clearing, excavating, and digging areas of construction sites, spreading fill material, transporting heavy construction equipment with a tractor-trailer, moving heavy building materials with cranes, and assisting in performance of combat engineer missions.
• Analyze the information on grade stakes and placing them
• Cut and spread fill material with scraper
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Maintenance and repair of equipment
• Identification of soil types and placement of grade stakes
• Preference for working outdoors
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in basic construction methods and engineering principles, particularly as they pertain to operating heavy construction equipment. Plus, you may earn specialized certifications that enable you to step right into a civilian construction career.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Horizontal Construction Engineers consists of nine weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Yakima , 12N Horizontal Construction Engineers, Engineering , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!