ECOM Support Engineer
Company: Yakima Chief Hops
Posted on: April 9, 2019
Location: Yakima, Washington, 98902, United StatesPosted:
02/15/2019Position Title: ECOM Support EngineerCompany Name: Yakima
Chief HopsSector: Information TechnologyJob Type: Full-TimeYakima
Chief Hops (YCH) prides itself on being 100% hop-grower-owned and
the largest supplier of American hops in the world. Our mission is
to connect our family farms with the world's finest brewers,
providing the highest quality hop products and uncompromising
customer service for the ultimate benefit of our customers,
employees and growers.
Role Title: ECOM Support Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Lead Software Engineer
The ECOM Support Engineer is responsible for software test planning
and execution, technical and end-user documentation,
administration, monitoring and support for applications, API's and
enterprise system integrations with an emphasis on e-commerce.
Working closely with developers and other teams
throughout the organization, the ECOM Support Engineer serves as a
highly technical resource to support the continuous improvement of
the company's e-commerce ecosystem via strategic implementation,
testing, documentation and support.
- Provide advanced technical support for e-commerce platform to
developers, admins and users.
- Create and maintain technical, standards, policy and procedure
documentation for e-commerce.
- Help administer, monitor and maintain dev, staging and
production e-commerce environments.
- Coordinate with others to estimate, prioritize and plan
e-commerce software release QA and documentation efforts, identify
and confirm business, system and security requirements met.
- Learn, test, document and provide advanced support for all
applications, systems, integrations, API's and production and
staging environments tied to e-commerce.
- Assist with software QA planning, testing, documentation and
- Create mock data, scripts and stored procedures for test
databases in collaboration with other developers, testers and
- Evaluate and provide reports on strengths, weaknesses and risks
related to e-commerce.
- Support developers in delivering high-quality, secure digital
experiences without sacrificing stability, performance,
responsiveness, maintainability and scalability.
- Support Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity efforts related
- Ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits and
- Maintain and continually update working knowledge of all
relevant technologies, languages, tools and platforms.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process
improvement and efficiency.
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of customer service, teamwork,
work ethic and positivity.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to unite stakeholders to
clearly define and assess the technical feasibility of change and
feature requests for the e-commerce platform.
- Ability and proclivity towards managing and completing
technical projects autonomously: research, plan, estimate and
- Familiar with modern VCS such as Git to collaborate on shared
codebases, tasks and timelines.
- Strong written communication skills with aptitude towards
technical visualizations, features and workflow documentation,
including SOPs, developer and end user documentation.
- Capture and create visualizations to support documentation such
as UIs, diagrams and flowcharts.
- Able to identify, evaluate, reproduce, prioritize, document and
track all issues discovered in testing, monitoring and logs, and
perform thorough regression testing as issues are resolved.
- Experience with IIS, Apache or NGINX web servers and virtual
- Proficient in MySQL, relational database schemas and building
- Experience with an enterprise e-commerce platform such as
Magento or Shopify.
- Experience with modern IDEs, tooling and the command line
including test automation, package management, obfuscation,
minification, bundling and linting.
- Experience virtualizing pre-configured dev/QA environments
using Docker, Vagrant or VMware.
- Experience with a client-side JS framework such as Vue, Angular
or React, and working with SPA.
- Experience with a Server-side PHP framework such as Laravel,
Symfony or Cake.
- Experience creating web API's, securing and consuming
- Experience patching, maintaining and monitoring staging and
production infrastructure, environments and applications for
uptime, performance, security and runtime exceptions or other
issues. Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree from a
four-year college or university in Computer Science or related
field, 1 - 3 years of enterprise software development, QA,
documentation and support experience preferred.PI107930306
Keywords: Yakima Chief Hops, Yakima , ECOM Support Engineer, Engineering , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!