Health Information Management Director
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
AdministrationCityToppenishEmployment duration:Full timeExempt
Status:ExemptID:9839Applicants for all positions must be or become
fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid
medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial
Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.This
position is located in Yakima Valley in sunny central Washington
state. We're interested in all qualified candidates, including
those located outside the area who are open to relocating to the
Yakima Valley. Relocation allowance is available.The Director of
Health Information Management (HIM) is responsible for providing
strategic leadership and guidance to supervisors and staff,
promoting a culture of innovation and excellence in the provision
of services under their scope of responsibility. The Director of
HIM supports the vision and goals of the organization and is
accountable for achieving departmental goals. Problems encountered
in this position are of a high degree of complexity and difficulty
and require exceptional analytical skills, innovation, and
creativity to formulate and implement the mechanisms to identify
and solve problems. Position serves as an advocate for privacy and
confidentiality of health information and ensures compliance with
related regulations and standards set by State, Federal, and
accrediting agencies.What we Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Plans, coordinates, and directs Document Imaging and Release of
Information operations for YVFWC. Ensures compliance with policies,
procedures, regulations, and standards of HIM practice.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of document imaging
applications and providing education and training to staff
regarding document imaging software and corresponding
- Oversees the chart destruction at offsite storage
- Coordinates the completion of document imaging
- Coordinates the review of the Joint Commission Standards
relating to Information Management and facilitates the review in
partnership with Information Technology (IT), Quality, HIM, and
Release of Information (ROI) Supervisors.
- Maintains effective ROI revenue tracking processes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and liaison to clinic,
program, and corporate departments regarding Health Information
- Manages Quality Assurance/Audit program for document imaging
and release of information.
- Partners with the Quality Department and the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) privacy officer to
ensure adherence with all HIPPA policies and procedures.
- Partners with the Privacy Officer and Quality Risk Managers to
ensure HIM and ROI activities are performed in accordance with Risk
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards
that affect HIM and recommends and implements changes as
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides
continuous performance management and conducts employee performance
evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues,
clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports direct reports staff growth and development. Assesses
the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in
collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek
educational opportunities incorporating job related training in
addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff.
Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations,
policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that
respects diverse ideas, backgrounds, and styles. Supports diversity
through the selection, management, and retention of diverse
employees. Creates, drives, and maintains an employee engagement
- Monitors HIM/ROI operations performance through dashboards and
established productivity standards.
- Serves as representative for the HIM with the Epic Analyst's,
Access and Review Cycle Readiness (ARCR), and Clinical Advisory
Board (CAB.) Responsible for developing and modifying workflows and
pushing forward optimization requests.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management,
Business, or Healthcare Administration. Associate's Degree in
Health Information Management and two additional years of
supervisory experience may be substituted for Bachelor's
- Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible
experience managing Department Operations and supervising staff.
Three (3) or more years of HIM experience in a facility with a
fully implemented Employee Health Record (EHR), preferably Epic.
Experience with On Base is a plus preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered
Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health
Information Administrator. Epic certification in HIM applications a
plus. Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile liability
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal, written, and
listening communication skills. Skills in problem-solving, decision
making, sound judgement, and conflict resolution. Requires a high
degree of independence and coordination of people and processes.
Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
with discretion. Knowledgeable in the Release of Information (ROI)
process. Proficiency with a variety of computer programs including
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong knowledge of
Epic. Strong knowledge and understanding of governing agency
requirements including Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA), The Joint Commission (TJC), Federal and
State Regulatory Rules and Regulations preferred. Knowledge of
imaging systems, tiff editing/graphics programs, and Optic
Character Recognition (OCR) processes preferred.
About YVFWCWe serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical
clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in
two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical
Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
medical/dental clinics.Working at YVFWCWorking in our organization
means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It
means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations
and with peers committed to the same work.At Farm Workers
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Health Information Management Director, Executive , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!