Senior Director of Applications
Company: Administration South
Posted on: May 14, 2022
SouthCityToppenishEmployment duration:Full timeExempt
Status:ExemptID:9840Applicants for all positions must be or become
fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid
medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial
Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.Leads the
team responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and
monitoring information management systems and standards to support
clinical and fiscal functions of the organization. Manages time,
cost, and feasibility studies, assists in forecasting hardware and
software needs, and works collaboratively with other staff
including senior leaders to resolve technical barriers. Establishes
technical priorities and develops operational/support policies,
procedures, and standards.Essential
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation,
maintenance, and role-based security of all software
- Serves as a key member of the Information Services (IS)
leadership team with responsibility to ensure high quality customer
service, application support, continual improvement processes, and
to foster growth and development of the department and
- Provides guidance to direct reports in the planning of
enterprise application architectures, development, testing, and
deployment of new application software.
- Ensures that new software integration or interface into
corporate systems meets functional requirements, standards, system
compliance and specifications/standards. Ensures that all
interfaces documentation is secured and maintained.
- Supports the Vice President of IS and the Chief Information
Officer in technology strategy and planning. Develops and manages
an effective application infrastructure.
- Oversees the team's interaction with customers to ensure system
requirements, goals and priorities are established to support the
overall management of current and planned application
- Analyzes corporate objectives and customer needs to provide
direction, and clearly aligned goals for the team. Communicates
goals and monitors progress.
- Creates and monitors the department budget.
- Ensures staff maintains established security access rights and
application access in all application and network situations.
Ensures application security audits are performed in a timely and
- Ensures project management methodologies are
- Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers
with the desired product, services and experiences. Ensures the
removal of barriers to delivering exceptional customer value,
service, and support.
- Creates a culture where information sharing, team-based
resolutions, cross-training, and process improvements are
encouraged, and staff and supervisors are held accountable for goal
achievement and results.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with outside
application vendors to manage and/or negotiate contracts and
license agreements, ensure quality service, and resolve potential
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides
continuous performance management and conducts employee performance
evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues,
clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational
and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with
the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities
incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff.
Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations,
policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that
respects diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity
through the selection, management, and retention of diverse
employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's Degree in a Computer or
Healthcare related field.Experience: Five years' experience in one
or more of the following areas with progressively increasing
responsibility, including two years' supervisory experience:
- Overseeing the direction, development, implementation, and
on-going maintenance of application software solutions in a large
complex Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary groups.
- Leading quality work process efforts in a healthcare
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Experience with
Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver's
License and proof of automobile liability insurance
coverage.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong knowledge of system and
software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
Knowledge of network and personal computer (PC) operating systems
as well as network hardware protocols and standards.Knowledge of
application data privacy and security practices and laws. Knowledge
and familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies,
including traditional waterfall models, as well as various Agile
models preferred.Ability to effectively lead and manage a
department and a team. Ability to create and implement strategy
that aligns with organization goals. Ability to move seamlessly
from strategy to tactics and effectively execute a plan. Strong
analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess an issue
and determine an optimal solution. Ability to prioritize work,
handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced
environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff at all corporate levels. Effective project
management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning,
organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to execute
projects on time, within budget, at agreed on scope. Effective
verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to
document business and technical processes and procedures. Ability
to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Basic proficiency with database program like Access preferred.
Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.About YVFWCWe serve
more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental
clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are
Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With
integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
clinics.Working at YVFWCWorking in our organization means being the
passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having
the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers
committed to the same work.At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Administration South, Yakima , Senior Director of Applications, Executive , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!