Water and Wastewater Treatment Project Manager
Company: Woodard Curran
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and
operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe
environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an
employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and
encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We
seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a
broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our
people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership,
and flexibility. That's how we make a difference to our clients,
people and planet.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified
operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of
hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to
quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep
treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance.
Woodard & Curran also reimburses employees in earning, upgrading,
and keeping their licenses and certifications within the
Woodard & Curran is growing! To support this growth, we have an
immediate opening for a Project Manager for the water and
wastewater treatment facilities in Cashmere, Washington. In this
role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations,
maintenance and management, administrative duties, and maintaining
close client communications. You will oversee a staff of 4 union
employees in the daily operations and maintenance of both water and
wastewater treatment facilities, collections, distribution and
customer service-related duties. Employees who join Woodard &
Curran's staff find a culture that is welcoming, supportive, and
What would you be doing at Woodard & Curran?
- Day-to-day operations and management of all water, wastewater,
and reclaimed water facilities.
- Day-to-day operations and management of a SCADA System and
remote communications network.
- Implementation and management of an innovative predictive
maintenance management program.
- Administration and implementation of all routine and capital
repair and replacement projects.
- Emergency response for process upsets, equipment failures,
force majeure events, all alarm events etc.
- Provision of requested / required operations and compliance
reporting to regulatory agencies and municipality.
- Development, management and oversight of the Capital
- Collaborate with engineers on future planning and ongoing
- Attend council meetings and present project update
- Promote and develop staff members.
- Review development plans and permits and attend
The Project Manager will play an active role in the coordination
and communication with assigned staff, client representatives,
contractors, and any assigned engineering firms. He or she will
also work closely with all parties to ensure effective system
operation and optimization. The successful candidate will be
responsible for performing hands-on work and producing all required
reports. He or she will coordinate the on-going daily operation of
the utility system.
Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of this
position. Availability for standby duty and the ability to be
"on-call," working evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Response to emergency events and alarm call-outs as scheduled and
What would you need to succeed?
- Must possess a valid State of Washington Water and/or
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators license.
- Ability to make sound decisions in process control and follow
instructions, as well as follow safety procedures.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background
check, pre-placement physical and drug screen before
- 10 to 15 years' experience in managing complex water and/or
- Experience overseeing a budget of $1.0 million or more.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record with regulators.
- The opportunity to become more versatile and even more
technically proficient. We cross-train to improve facility
operations, job satisfaction, and job security.
Why would you choose Woodard & Curran?
- You would be offered a generous total rewards package:
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent Benefits to include retirement, generous paid time
off, holidays, medical & dental insurance, flexible spending
- Career growth.
- Support and reimbursement in earning, upgrading, and keeping
your licenses and certifications within the industry. Bonus
potential for obtaining next level licensure.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with
Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage individuals
from all backgrounds to apply. Woodard & Curran believes that
diverse teams working together in an equitable, inclusive culture
provides the right environment for employees to thrive, our clients
to benefit, and our business to prosper over the long run. Our
success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences and
creates an environment where everyone can bring their whole,
authentic selves to work. When employees are supported to reach
their full potential, we can provide our clients with the most
innovative, sound, and cost-effective solutions.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU
ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Keywords: Woodard Curran, Yakima , Water and Wastewater Treatment Project Manager, Executive , Cashmere, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!