Store General Manager
Location: East Wenatchee
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The General Manager is responsible for leading through Petco's
vision of "Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World." in order
to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers
top-line sales growth while maintaining a focus on the welfare,
health, and proper care of all animals. The GM leads a team Pet
Care Center managers, leaders and partners and is accountable for
all aspects of managing a single Pet Care Center. The General
Manager drives their business through a focus on people (talent
acquisition, training, and development), performance (guest
service, sales, and expense control), and process (standard
operating procedures and policies), which will result in overall
profitability. This position requires a passion for pets, ability
to inspire and lead a team, focus on process excellence, a drive
The GM regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment as
they execute all Pet Care Center activity to create the best
possible partner, guest, and pet experience. As a leader of people
& pet care, the GM should execute all tasks skillfully and
consistently. To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
* Build a team that embodies the Petco brand by delivering
exceptional service and driving guest loyalty.
* Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
* Train, coach, and develop leaders and hourly Pet Care Center
partners in all areas and functions required to run the store
efficiently and to Petco standards, including the effective rollout
* Create a professional environment that inspires and encourages
the growth and engagement of partners.
* Lead and implement a positive culture of teamwork, inclusion and
collaborate by working alongside the team, establishing priorities,
and provide clear direction.
* Ensure quick and courteous service to all Petco guests by helping
partners determine the guest's needs and by sharing product
knowledge with partners to enable them to suggest the appropriate
solutions to meet the customer's needs.
* Responsible for all partner performance management in the Pet
* Demonstrate and support a continuous improvement and growth
* Meet or exceed goals related to totals Pet Care Center sales,
profitability, and operational excellence.
* Schedule and adjust labor hours & payroll to maximize
productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete
* Review and interpret financial and operational reporting
regularly, including Pet Care Center visits and audit results.
* Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that
leverage Petco programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow
* Market the Pet Care Center and its products, oversee planning of
on site and community events, such as adoptions, school visits and
other local promotions and animal-welfare events.
* Ensures the proper health, appearance, welfare, and proper
handling of all animals.
* Ensures merchandise is properly priced, displayed and stocked
according to inventory levels appropriate for the store; make
merchandising decisions with consideration of visual standards,
special ad set-up and monthly ad planner guidelines, adjusting
these as necessary to best implement in each individual store.
* Completes and submits accounting, inventory management and
payroll paperwork in a timely manner; ensures all expenses are
maintained within budgeted levels.
* Maintains the Pet Care Center's appearance adheres to Petco
operational standards and safety procedures.
* Protect Petco pets & merchandise and minimize loss by ensuring
all Pet Care Center standards and operating procedures are met,
including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss
* Ensures Pet Care Center is opened/closed in accordance with
policies and procedures, especially those relating to safety and
* Responsible to maintain the Pet Care Center's professional image,
appearance, and cleanliness.
Other Essential Duties
* MODEL INSPIRING LEADERSHIP. Model leadership and selling
behaviors to Pet Care Center partners and associates. Provide
proactive leadership to maintain a positive business climate that
motivates Pet Care Center teams in alignment with our company
goals. Serve as an effective advocate for change and growth.
* PROMOTE SAFETY. Ensure Petco policies, procedures and safety
standards are closely observed and executed, and all new policies
and procedures are properly implemented in the Pet Care Center.
Bottom line, the safety of partners, guests and pets is our #1
* FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE. Establish and promote a culture
that encourages partners to seek and formulate ideas and
opportunities that increase efficiency and that improve guest
engagement, guest satisfaction and company image. Ensure a culture
that values and promotes teamwork.
* PRIORITIZE TALENT DEVELOPMENT. Ensure a strong talent bench with
partners who can successfully execute the company's plans, meet
objectives, and manage an engaged workforce. Ensure continuation of
excellence in Petco's partners through developmental programs and
leadership opportunities. Actively pursue the development of bench
strength through internal training and external recruitment.
* ENGAGE AND BE PRESENT. Represent Petco's brand and image at a
high level through strong culture and positive leadership. Lead our
team in a way that is committed to high standards within a fun
Education and Experience
* In addition to a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED), an
applicant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of
basic business & finance acumen, analysis and problem-solving
skills, and high focus on people development & guest service.
* Excellence in communication and computer skills are also
* Three or more years of management experience or the equivalent is
required, while previous retail management experience is
* A working knowledge of general business practices is highly
desirable, as are strong organizational skills.
* A qualified applicant will possess an aptitude for demonstrating
strong customer service and the ability to instruct others. In
addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, the
applicant must also demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in all
kinds of animals.
* Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle. Completion of
specific PETCO Management Achievement Program Modules as well as
internal management roles may be required for internal
The General Manager directly supervises a team of leaders and is
responsible for all Pet Care Center partners including
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although
occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank
deposits will require that an employee leave the Pet Care Center
briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving
merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long
periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure
to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of
travel will be required.
This position has continuous contact with the general public at the
Pet Care Center and at Pet Care Center -related events, and regular
contact and exchange of information with other departments in the
field, Distribution Centers, and at the Support Centers. Contact
outside of PETCO may be required in order to coordinate merchandise
returns, ordering parts, Pet Care Center repairs, coordination of
vaccination clinics, Pet Care Center events, vendor meetings,
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: PetCo, Yakima , Store General Manager, Executive , East Wenatchee, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!