Quality And Risk Manager
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: January 23, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Develop, implement, and manage the Quality, Risk Management, and
Patient Safety Programs in order to improve patient care and
outcomes, and reduce the risk of adverse outcomes from patient care
activities. This role monitors compliance with regulatory and
accreditation requirements thereby mitigating the risk of
professional legal liability.
This position is located in sunny central Washington State in the
heart of the Yakima Valley . We're interested in all qualified
candidates, including those outside the area who are open to
relocating to the Yakima Valley. Relocation allowance is
What We Offer
- Salary $68,000 to $90,000 DOE, with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates.
- Relocation allowance available.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Investigates issues and process failures formulating opinions
and action plans.
- Assesses assigned facilities frequently, recognizing trends and
provides effective interventions.
- Supports staff regarding regulatory and accreditation
- Develops a timetable for providing education within the
- Provides insights, implements, monitors, and manages a robust
patient safety culture.
- Maintains timely and accurate risk management, quality
management and patient safety data and provides accurate and
applicable data reports as needed.
- Monitors routine risk management data reports that capture
outcomes, causes, interventions and barriers to safe patient
- Presents reports to leaders and collaborates in identifying
solutions to improve outcomes.
- Collaborates with the organization management to formulate
policies and procedures in the areas of risk management, patient
safety, infection prevention, performance and quality improvement,
regulatory support, and accreditation activities and provides
- Investigates risks and exposures at all levels of the
organization to achieve fact finding through resolution with
- Works with Data Informatics staff to develop reporting
solutions that can be easily and regularly analyzed for workflow
- Receives and investigates patient complaints and grievances,
responds to patient per CMS guidelines and tracks
complaints/grievances for trends and inclusion in routine data
- Collaborates with legal counsel on the preparation of responses
to discovery requests and interrogatories.
- Serves as a liaison between Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
(YVFWC) and attorneys, Washington Casualty Company, and the Risk
Management and Patient Safety Institute for preparation of defense
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational
offerings, professional memberships, and research.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with key
departments and committees
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in a healthcare related
- Experience: 5 or more years of progressive experience in the
healthcare industry. Healthcare risk management, quality management
and/or patient safety preferred. Outpatient clinic setting in a
large organization preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certification
in Risk Management, Quality and/or Patient Safety required.
Registered Nurse (RN) or another clinical license or claims
adjustor license preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of risk management theory
and concepts, quality management and patient safety principles,
methods and techniques. Knowledge of organization performance
improvement techniques and tools. Able to aggregate and analyze
data in a way that is meaningful to business operations and the
mitigation of risk in a timely manner. Highly organized with
ability to multi-task. Ability to follow through on projects and
tasks, and track processes involving multiple people
simultaneously. Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office
(Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and statistics. Strong
interpersonal relationship skills. Communicates effectively under
pressure and is understood by all levels of the organization by
writing clearly, accurately and succinctly, and speaking clearly
and effectively. Ability to actively listen and glean facts about
events, issues and/or exposures. Is knowledgeable in and
consistently demonstrates the principles of continuous process
improvement. Ability to alter plans/routines when situation
requires and continue to perform duties with professionalism.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Quality And Risk Manager, Executive , Outlook, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!