Quality And Risk Manager
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Join our team as a Quality & Risk Manager and make a meaningful
impact on patient care and safety. In this crucial role, you'll
take charge of developing, implementing, and overseeing our
Quality, Risk Management, and Patient Safety Programs, with the
goal of enhancing patient outcomes and minimizing adverse events.
You'll play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance with regulatory
and accreditation standards, reducing legal liability, and
fostering a strong patient safety culture. Your expertise in risk
management theory, quality improvement, and data analysis, coupled
with your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, will
enable you to collaborate effectively across departments and drive
This position is located in Yakima County, Washington State. We're
interested in all qualified applicants, including those who reside
outside the Yakima Valley who are open to relocating. Relocation
allowance is available.
What We Offer
- Salary $71,000 to $93,000 DOE, with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Relocation allowance available.
- Investigates issues and process failures formulating opinions
and action plans.
- Assesses assigned facilities frequently, recognizing trends and
provides effective interventions.
- Supports staff regarding regulatory and accreditation
- Develops a timetable for providing education within the
- Provides insights, implements, monitors, and manages a robust
patient safety culture.
- Maintains timely and accurate risk management, quality
management and patient safety data and provides accurate and
applicable data reports as needed.
- Monitors routine risk management data reports that capture
outcomes, causes, interventions and barriers to safe patient
- Presents reports to leaders and collaborates in identifying
solutions to improve outcomes.
- Collaborates with the organization management to formulate
policies and procedures in the areas of risk management, patient
safety, infection prevention, performance and quality improvement,
regulatory support, and accreditation activities and provides
- Investigates risks and exposures at all levels of the
organization to achieve fact finding through resolution with
- Works with Data Informatics staff to develop reporting
solutions that can be easily and regularly analyzed for workflow
- Receives and investigates patient complaints and grievances,
responds to patient per CMS guidelines and tracks
complaints/grievances for trends and inclusion in routine data
- Collaborates with legal counsel on the preparation of responses
to discovery requests and interrogatories.
- Serves as a liaison between Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
(YVFWC) and attorneys, Washington Casualty Company, and the Risk
Management and Patient Safety Institute for preparation of defense
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational
offerings, professional memberships, and research.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with key
departments and committees.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in a healthcare related
- Experience: Five years' clinical experience and progressive
experience in healthcare administration. Healthcare risk
management, quality management and/or patient safety preferred.
Outpatient clinic setting in a large organization preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certification
in Risk Management, Quality and/or Patient Safety required.
Registered Nurse (RN) or another clinical license or claims
adjustor license preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of risk management theory
and concepts, quality management and patient safety principles,
methods and techniques. Knowledge of organization performance
improvement techniques and tools. Able to aggregate and analyze
data in a way that is meaningful to business operations and the
mitigation of risk in a timely manner. Highly organized with
ability to multi-task. Ability to follow through on projects and
tasks, and track processes involving multiple people
simultaneously. Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office
(Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and statistics. Strong
interpersonal relationship skills. Communicates effectively under
pressure and is understood by all levels of the organization by
writing clearly, accurately and succinctly, and speaking clearly
and effectively. Ability to actively listen and glean facts about
events, issues and/or exposures. Is knowledgeable in and
consistently demonstrates the principles of continuous process
improvement. Ability to alter plans/routines when situation
requires and continue to perform duties with professionalism.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in Washington
State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered
Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical,
dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling,
autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: captain, executive
producer, executive team leader, general manager, petty officer,
police captain, project manager, senior manager, shift lead, team
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Quality And Risk Manager, Executive , Outlook, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!