Company: Yakima County Human Resources Department
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Administrative Manager $4,444 per month
There is one opening with the Yakima County Public Services Department, Administration Division. The position is responsible for managing, coordinating and supervising the activities of the Administrative Support Division of the Public Services Department, while functioning as the special projects administrative assistant to the Director, and serving as the department's public information officer.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business, Planning, Public Administration, Liberal Arts or related field and Four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of assignment including two years experience in a supervisory capacity at the management level or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Required: Valid WA State Driver's License
Preferred: Training and/or experience related to: media relations; public relations; and group facilitation, understanding of the organization, structure, and function of County government and the Public Services Department.
Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, computer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine, scanner, shredder and department software.
Working Conditions: Environmental Demands: Travel, May be exposed to hostile / angry individuals; work outside of standard business hours and locations. Physical Demands: sitting, standing, walking, fingering, hearing, talking, visual acuity. Intellectual Demands: ability to multitask, confidentiality, ability to work under pressure, ability to articulate and communicate information in conversations, ability to follow written and verbal instruction. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Supervisory theories, practices and principles;
- Public Administration theories, practices, and principles;
- Budgeting theories and principles;
- Office management and organizational management theories, practices and principles;
- Computerized record keeping methods and procedures;
- Archival/storage/retrieval/indexing of records;
- Roles and responsibilities of the department and county government;
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation; File maintenance techniques;
- Communication strategies; Customer service techniques; and Team building concepts.
Skills (and abilities):
- Using a personal computer and related software applications, and operating basic office equipment;
- Assigning, monitoring and evaluating the work of others;
- Coordinating work unit activities and handling multiple tasks;
- Resolving complex problems and applying customer service techniques;
- Performing records and file management functions;
- Tracking expenditures, performing mathematical calculations, and preparing technical reports;
- Giving presentations, public speaking, and facilitating meetings;
- Reading, interpreting, and complying with laws, codes, ordinances, and regulations;
- Writing business correspondence, drafting documents, and recording minutes;
- Organizing, prioritizing, and managing time effectively;
- Making responsible decisions in accordance with office policies and state statutes;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, other agencies and the general public;
- Working effectively with constant interruptions; and,
- Communicating and expressing ideas effectively both orally and in writing;
Keywords: Yakima County Human Resources Department, Yakima , Administrative Manager, Executive , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!