RN / Nurse Management Job in Yakima, Washington / Hospital
Company: K.A. Recruiting, Inc.
Posted on: April 7, 2019
The Senior Director of Nursing will be responsible for the
perinatal division-this will include Labor/Deliver, Mother/Baby,
Title of Position:Senior Director,Nursing Services
Will Report to:VP - CNO
ROLE SUMMARY:Organizes and administers all areas of the nursing
service department. The Senior Director performs a
variety of administrative and managerial functions.
1. Plan, direct, monitor activities of the assigned departments as
reflected in the mission of the hospital and
in accordance with federal, state, local laws and regulations as
well as standards established by Joint
2. Promotes sound fiscal operation by maintaining an effective
budgeting process within the division.
3. Advise and make recommendations to the Chief Nursing Officer
(CNO) regarding budgeting, cost and
4. Actively participate with leaders of the governing body, medical
staff, management and clinical areas in
the hospital decision making structures and processes for the
planning, promoting and conducting of
organization wide performance improvement activities.
5. Direct the operations of assigned departments and appraise their
performances, including authority to
hire and terminate, subject to CNO approval.
6. Direct and assist department managers in establishing
measurements of performance, increased
productivity, cost controls and maximum utilization of staff and
7. Responsible for organizing, directing and staffing assigned
departments in a manner commensurate with
the scope of services provided and to ensure safe, quality patient
8. Investigate complaints of staff, physicians, patients and/or
their families regarding patient care.
9. Participate in appropriate community, state
andnational nursing and hospital associations andprofessional
10. Participate in the maintenance and revision of the salary
program for nursing division employees in
accordance with hospital policies, nursing union contract and state
11. Participate with managers and administration in planning for
adequate facilities, equipment and supplies
influencing the performance of nursing and medical personnel in
their care of patients.
12. Coordinate and integrate policies and procedures that guide and
support the provision of services.
13. Participates with the top management team in formulating,
administering and evaluating
organizational strategy and policy
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education:Master's Degree in Nursing,Business, Health
Administration or related fieldrequired.
Five years leadership experience in acute care hospital
Registered Nurse currently licensed with the State of
required. Nursing Administration Certification preferred. Current
BLS for Healthcare Provider required.
Level of Business Knowledge/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
a. Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written
instructions in English,
understand complex problems and collaborate and explore alternative
b. Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex
tonegotiate andintegrate different viewpoints
2. Reasoning and Decision Making
a. Ability to analyze situations and identify pertinent
problems/issues; collect relevant information.
b. Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the
operations and services.
a. Ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed
work while meeting competing
and inflexible deadlines.
a. Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports,
work-related manuals, publications of
limited scope or impact, etc. and/or ability to make informal
b. Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as
legal documents, authoritative
reports, official publications of major scope and impact, etc., and
or to make formal presentations.
Keywords: K.A. Recruiting, Inc., Yakima , RN / Nurse Management Job in Yakima, Washington / Hospital, Executive , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!