COVID-19 Integration Nurse (RN)
Company: Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center
Posted on: February 23, 2021
This nursing position is responsible for managing and participating
in Yellowhawk's COVID (SARS-CoV-2) vaccination planning and
management. The initial priority for this position will be to
function as the local COVID-19 employee health vaccine point of
contact. This person will be the main contact for the employee
health COVID-19 vaccination program and will coordinate closely
with the medical director, public health director and all nursing
staff. This will include coordination and collaboration on all
aspects of vaccination planning, documenting, reporting, and
monitoring. This individual will make a conscious effort to stay
updated on all Indian Health Service (IHS) vaccine COVID-19 task
force initiatives and changes as well as the vaccine manufacturer
updates. Additionally, this person will be assisting in
Yellowhawk's COVID (SARS-CoV-2) testing, case investigation and
contact tracing efforts. This includes performing enhanced symptoms
screenings established by CTUIR and Yellowhawk's health initiative
and prevention strategy, sample collection, contact tracing of
positive cases within the Yellowhawk service area, arranging
advanced healthcare if needed, professionally documenting
encounter, telephone triage and scheduling. The RN is expected to
adhere to the highest standard of confidentiality and provide
patient education related to communicable diseases. It is expected
RN will be proficient in donning and doffing of provided personal
protective equipment (PPE). The RN will promote and assist patient
health care needs by completing the nursing process; be
knowledgeable of COVID-19 virus and federal/state guidances,
collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members;
provide support to patients and their families; and supervision of
assigned team members. All duties and responsibilities will be
performed in accordance with the Yellowhawk Mission and Vision
statements, policies and relevant laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assures quality of care by adhering to and documenting
subjective and objective data, nursing interventions, and
- Follows Yellowhawk's and nursing philosophies, and standards of
care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and
other governing agency regulations.
- Screens patients using nursing triage skills, obtains
preliminary health history, and provides nursing intervention
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals by answering questions, and teaching patient and their family
to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills.
- Delivers targeted, culturally-appropriate information to help
individuals and groups understand local public health guidance,
policies, regulations and code.
- Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting effectively and
professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural,
socioeconomic, educational, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, sexual
orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities.
- Provides and assists in the provision of emergency
- Assist in developing vaccination schedules and managing
schedules to meet patient needs and provider efficiency.
- Operates and ensures maintenance of a variety of medical and
- Shares responsibilities for maintaining adequate supplies and
equipment, upkeep of the public health nursing service area, and
ensuring a safe environment.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams
and communicates information by; responding to requests, building
rapport; and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Fulfills many significant functions to ensure quality patient
care, from caring of patients to filling out appropriate
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through approved
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and professional societies.
- Nursing procedures: Collecting swab samples, case management,
vaccination administration protocol, monitoring vital signs
- Phone and patient triage.
- Other duties as assigned. PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work independently; to plan, coordinate, and
implement projects on schedule.
- Skilled problem solving, professional peer relationships, and
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Be knowledgeable and apply the current healthcare industry
Privacy Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPPA), and security requirements.
- An understanding of the Tribal community and cultural needs as
associated with health care is required.
- Proficient in various computer applications.
- Adheres to Yellowhawk policies, procedures, all safety plans,
and standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Strong communications skills to build consensus and rapport
among Yellowhawk's provider group and staff.
- Must be a team player.
- Should be comfortable working within a complex system, be able
to multi-task, and prioritize effectively.
- Be up-to-date on vaccines required for healthcare workers.
- Performs other work as requested or required related to Covid
19. POSITION REQUIREMENTSMinimum Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited technical school of nursing; ADN
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in State of Oregon.
- Current BLS certification
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively through
verbal interactions and in writing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain insurance
requirements to operate General Services Administration (GSA)
- Submit to and pass a reference and criminal background
- Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol
- Two (2) years of ambulatory care or public health nursing
experience. One-year experience and new graduate nursing student
experience may be considered with remarkable applicants.
- Knowledge of history, culture and health needs of Tribal
Keywords: Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center, Yakima , COVID-19 Integration Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Pendleton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!