Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof
that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring
process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered,
but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment.
Are you aCertified Medical Assistantwho wants to make a difference
in the lives of medically-underserved people in your community? Do
you want to work with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and
other healthcare professionals to provide direct, compassionate,
quality care to patients? Are you someone who thrives in a dynamic,
energized environment?Are you able to communicate fluently in
Spanish?Are you looking for competitive pay and a better work-life
balance?If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a
great opportunity for you at Sunnyside Immediate Care in Sunnyside,
WA. What were looking for:
- An MA whos passionate about community health and working with
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-centered
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships
with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in
a positive and professional manner.
- A meticulous person who asks questions and clarifies
information as needed.
- Someone who wants to continue learning and developing MA
skills, and is receptive to performance feedback. What youll do:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses,
and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive
continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking,
verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired
supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty
examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries,
following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing
patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic
- Seek to anticipate providers needs and assist as requested, and
notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct
patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
What we offer:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus in your first paycheck and another $1,000
after 12 months
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health
insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7
telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid
time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more. Minimum
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program.
- Current MA-C credential issued by Washington State Department
of Health or if in Pending status, Medical Assistant Registered
application must be submitted within 7 days of hire.
- Pass the mandatory 8-hour Blood Borne Pathogen training within
1 month of hire. CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required with demonstrated ability to
communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
About YVFWC We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical
clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in
two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical
Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWCs
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
medical/dental clinics. Working at YVFWC Working in our
organization means being the passionate champion for those who have
no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved
populations and with peers committed to the same work. At Farm
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence. Our mission celebrates diversity. We
are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Sunnyside, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!