Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof
that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring
process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered,
but serial COVID-19 testing will be required to maintain
employment. Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is looking for
Certified Medical Assistants who are passionate about community
health and working with underserved populations. We encourage you
to explore the following links to see what YVFWC has to offer:
YVFWC is committed to delivering the highest quality of care. Here
you will find health care professionals with sincere interest in
our patients and the communities we represent. At YVFWC, we strive
to make a difference in the health of the communities we serve.
What we offer
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- $2,000 hiring bonus.
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- Bilingual differential.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
uniform allowance, and more. What youll do as a Certified Medical
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses,
and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive
continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking,
verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired
supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty
examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries,
following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing
patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic
- Seek to anticipate providers needs and assist as requested, and
notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct
patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program.
- Medical Assistant certification or able to obtain certification
within 12 months of hire.
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required with demonstrated ability to
communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
About YVFWC We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical
clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in
two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical
Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWCs
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
medical/dental clinics. Working at YVFWC Working in our
organization means being the passionate champion for those who have
no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved
populations and with peers committed to the same work. At Farm
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence. Our mission celebrates diversity. We
are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!