Public Health Nurse - New Hope Clinic
Company: New Hope Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
New Hope ClinicLocationNew Hope ClinicCityYakimaEmployment
duration:Full timeExempt Status:Non-exemptApplicants for all
positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if
selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be
considered, but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to
maintain employment. Public Health Nurse (HIV/AIDS focus)New Hope
ClinicYakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic$3,000 sign-on bonus paid in
first paycheck, $2,000 bonus paid at 12 months. Relocation
allowance is also available. New Hope Clinic is a nurse-managed
clinic in Yakima, Washington and is a program of Yakima Valley Farm
Workers Clinic. The New Hope Clinic provides support, referral
services, medical, nursing and dental care, as well as nutrition
support, counseling, outreach and mental health care to persons
living with HIV/AIDS in Yakima and throughout Central
Washington.Are you an RN who is passionate about community health?
Do you want to use your nursing skills in a team-based environment
working with underserved and at-risk populations, providing care to
HIV/AIDS patients? Are you looking for competitive pay? If you
answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity
for you!What we're looking for:
- An RN who is compassionate and caring.
- Someone who is open-minded, understanding that patients come
from a variety of circumstances and lifestyles, and remains focused
only on providing the best care to patients and helping them work
through the difficult issues they face.
- A clear communicator who is able to build strong relationships
with clinic staff and patients.
What You'll Do:
- Provides direct nursing care to patients and provides nursing
support to medical providers.
- Maintains wellness activities for patients including
immunizations, screening exams, and follow-up lab work.
- Develops care plans with patient in collaboration with
provider, based on medical conditions, health goals and behaviors.
Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing plan of
care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals related to
patient care as directed by the provider.
- Provides assessment, education, and evaluation of patients'
readiness to begin Antiretroviral Therapy (ART). Provides ongoing
long-term management for patients receiving HAART therapy.
- Administers medication to patients as directed by the provider,
protocol and standing orders. Identifies the purpose, side effects,
and onset of action for each class of drug being given to patient.
Correctly explains medication to patient/guardian and obtains
- Provides home visits for patients to provide assessment,
follow-up, education and medication monitoring.
- Maintains appropriate ongoing assessment, interventions,
education and referrals as identified in the care plan.
- Maintains regular contact with other services and professionals
involved in delivering services to client to ensure coordinated
- Provides HIV counseling and testing for high-risk
- Completes chart notes per standards. Updates client data in the
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems to document health
assessment and health history. Records care plans and education
provided. Documents assessments, actions and medications in medical
- Provides education to a wide variety of audiences including
community members and healthcare professionals regarding
HIV-including transmission and risk reduction.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. An Associate's Degree in Nursing
plus two years' nursing experience may be substituted for the
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS patients and providing adult
physical exams is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and proof of auto liability insurance
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- $3,000 sign-on bonus paid in first paycheck, $2,000 bonus paid
at 12 months.
- Relocation allowance is available.
- Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7
telemedicine, profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid
time off, paid holidays and more.
About YVFWCWe serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical
clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in
two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical
Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
medical/dental clinics.Working at YVFWCWorking in our organization
means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It
means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations
and with peers committed to the same work.At Farm Workers
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: New Hope Clinic, Yakima , Public Health Nurse - New Hope Clinic, Healthcare , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!