Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Company: Triumph Treatment Services
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job SummaryThe Psychiatric Prescriber, ARNP (Licensed Nurse
Practitioner) shall provide specific healthcare services for
individuals diagnosed with both mental health and substance use
disorders. They will also be a part of a multidisciplinary team
supporting the program goals, policies, procedures, treatments,
support services and discharge practices that reflect a program
design intended specifically for the co-occurring population.
- The Psychiatric Prescriber/Nurse Practitioner will provide a
minimum of five (5) hours onsite per week for each 16 bed Womens
- Conduct a psychiatric assessment of each qualifying patient
within two weeks of admission into Riel House, Casita, & Beths
- Will have one (1) additional hour per week for program
coordination and case management responsibilities.
- Understand and follow protocols established to protect the
confidentiality of patients, dealing with this even in dealing with
conflict or working under pressure.
- Maintain records in the office and electronically (EHR) in such
a way that confidentiality is always protected.
- Obtain proper release before communicating with others about
- Understand and follow building security procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of Substance Use Disorders (alcoholism, drug
addiction, Chemical Dependency) and ASAM diagnosis and placement
- As well as psychiatric/mental health diagnosis while working as
a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be knowledgeable of long-term rehabilitative processes,
including awareness of the need for medical, mental health care,
post-treatment crisis, relapse, and new problems arising from
- Accurately reporting screening/assessment/evaluation results as
authorized by properly signed ROIs.
- Communicate effectively, in a timely way, regarding the
patients diagnosis, physical/mental health needs, and treatment
recommendations resulting from their assessment, evaluation,
admission, treatment progress, and recommendations.
- If required, the employee will represent, in a professional
manner, the patients and the agency, in court, with testimony,
legal matters, depositions, and recommendations regarding the
patients treatment if required.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete timely and professional
- Demonstrate effective case management skills.
- Be aware of the legal obligations of emergency management,
i.e., CPS involvement reports to police.
- Be able to deliver effective and concise patient and family
education in the form of lecture, video, written, or individualized
- Maintain files, reports, and records as required by the
applicable laws and WAC.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Collect and present all necessary patient data required for
billing/collections, in a timely manner. Education
- Employee must have five (5) years prior work experience as an
ARNP (Psychiatric prescriber). Post Graduate Degree with
specialized training psychiatric evaluation, medication management
of patients with Psychiatric/Mental Health needs, as well as
assessing/administering to the basic healthcare needs of
individuals.NOTE: Due to Agency Contracting requirements, this
position will be renewed on a year-to-year basis, assuming
agreement by both parties.by Jobble
Keywords: Triumph Treatment Services, Yakima , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!