Central Fill Pharmacy Technician
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Pharmacy Operations
Manager related to order entry, billing, and filling prescriptions
as allowed by state and federal regulations.
- Enters patient data in the system including patient name,
insurance, allergies, doctor and diagnosis. Enters the prescription
in the system, selecting the brand, product/drug, and appropriate
strength to align with the instructions given by the prescribing
- Establishes that each patient and prescription meet strict
eligibility criteria before processing new prescriptions or
- Completes third party billing entry and resolves billing
- Generates prior authorizations and ensures successful
completion by medical staff and/or Providers.
- Fills or dispenses the accurate product and quantity from the
- Processes prescription refills verifying refill
- Maintains awareness of stock level and enters order for
restocking based on defined minimum inventory levels. Verifies
quantity and submits order to the Wholesaler.
- Verifies product orders received with invoice and purchase
order. Places a sticker on each item and places on the
- Monitors and checks expiration dates on drugs in stock and
prepares expired stock for return to Wholesaler. Processes credit
invoices associated with the returns.
- Returns or discards dispensed prescription to stock if they are
returned by a pharmacy. Enters information in the system for
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Experience: One year's experience working in a healthcare
setting. Five years' experience to be eligible for lead
differential, if assigned.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pharmacy
Technician license for state(s) of practice. Alternatively, may
substitute a Pharmacist Intern license for a Pharmacy Technician
license. Or a state licensed Pharmacy Assistant (who is
participating in an eligible Pharmacy Technician Training
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Effective
verbal and listening communication skills with a customer-oriented
approach. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to perform
administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, faxing,
scanning and copying. Ability to work independently with minimal
supervision. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced
environment. Ability to organize work while performing multiple
tasks requiring attention to detail. Basic proficiency with a
variety of computer systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word and
Excel. Proficiency in software systems including Electronic Medical
Record (EMR) software, Pharmacy Management software, automated
filling software and/or Patient Communications Systems.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Central Fill Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!