Dietitian - Relocation Opportunity - $3,000.00 Bonus - Relocation to Toppenish, WA
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Sign-on bonus of $3,000.00 on first paycheck and $2,000.00 at 12
months of employment.
Provides medical nutrition therapy for clinic medical patients
and/or high-risk Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) clients.
Functions as an interdisciplinary healthcare team member to assess
and treat medical conditions and address individual nutrition
- Conducts nutritional screening and assessment for
patients/clients to include anthropometric and laboratory data,
collection of nutrition history, calculation of nutrition adequacy,
and identification of drug-nutrient interactions.
- Utilizes motivational interview to identify desired goals and
outcomes of nutrition care in collaboration with patient/client and
health care professionals. Considers the variables that may
influence the patient/client s food related behaviors including
culture and social determinants of health.
- Evaluates and provides evidence based nutrition recommendations
to address patient/client medical needs. Understands and evaluates
patient/client nutrition status and its relationship to complex
disease states including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic
kidney disease, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer, food allergies
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals to advocate for and implement optimal nutrition
- Provides preventative services and counseling at individual
patient/client visits and group meetings.
- Serves as preceptor providing nutrition education and guidance
to dietetic interns and students. Develops training materials and
participates in mentoring of staff.
- Assists in monitoring compliance to Yakima Valley Farm Workers
Clinic (YVFWC) procedures, federal qualified health center quality
metrics and/or state and federal WIC requirements.
- Maintains awareness of community demographics and resources.
Connects clients to resources.
- Designs and implements outreach activities to raise community
awareness of program services.
- Completes documentation in the appropriate electronic medical
record to document patient/client interaction.
- Actively participates in assigned meetings to promote care team
collaboration and ongoing learning.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics from a U.S.
regionally accredited college, university, or foreign equivalent.
Completion of ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in
Nutrition and Dietetics) accredited academic coursework in a
Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Experience: One year s experience in clinic, primary care,
outpatient or community setting preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered
Dietitian or registration eligible (must obtain RD credential
within 180 days of employment). May require the following
certifications based on location and job duties performed.
- Medical Assistant - Registered (WA WIC Dietitians).
- Certified Dietitian (if going to bill for Maternity Support
- Licensed Dietitian (if going to bill for Medical
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: English/ Spanish bilingual
proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must
demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA
language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
Ability to effectively interact with adults, infants, children in a
professional manner. Ability to effectively collaborate with
medical professionals. Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced
environment. Ability to demonstrate flexibility, initiative, and
forward thinking. Strong verbal, written and listening
communication skills. General knowledge in culturally appropriate
practice. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and
Electronic Health Records.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: food scientist,
histologist, industrial hygienist, injury, kinesiology, medicine,
metabolism, patient, physiology, therapeutic
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Dietitian - Relocation Opportunity - $3,000.00 Bonus - Relocation to Toppenish, WA, Healthcare , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!