Registered Nurse - $5,000.00 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered, but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 on first paycheck, $2,000.00 at 12
months of employment and recently upgraded pay.
This is an extended hours clinic, open M-F 8:00am - 8:00pm; 8-10
hour shifts. May require floating to other sites within the region
Provides direct nursing care for patients. Performs diagnostic
tests, analyzes results, administers medications, records patient's
symptoms and medical histories. Provides support and assistance to
the providers during outpatient office procedures.
What We Offer
* Competitive pay.
* Relocation Allowance.
* Shift differential.
* Bilingual differential.
* 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
uniform allowance, continuing education, and more.
* Provides care during patient visits, discussing chief complaint
and obtaining vital signs and complete health history for the
patient. Develops a baseline physical assessment.
* Performs phone triage with patients to determine chief complaint
and assessment of next steps and follow up care needed.
* Documents health history, assessments, actions and medications in
the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
* Assists providers in diagnostic procedures and treatments.
* Performs IV Starts when ordered. Provides information to patient
regarding the procedure, including site selection and possible
* Communicates with patient to collect information on allergies and
* Provides information to patient regarding the procedure,
including site selection and possible complications.
* Identifies the purpose, side effects, and onset of action for
each class of drug being given to patient. Explains medication,
usage and possible side effects to patient/guardian and obtains
* Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing
patient plan of care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals
related to patient care as directed by the provider.
* Collaborates with provider in implementing the patient plan of
care including providing education and identifying additional
services needed for the patient. Initiates follow-up care plan as
* Collaborates with ancillary staff to process patients based on
providers schedule, maintaining smooth patient flow.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
* Education : Associate s Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science
Degree in Nursing preferred.
* Experience : One year s experience providing clinical or
outpatient care as an Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
* Licenses/Certificates/Registration : RN license for the state of
practice. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within
three months of employment. BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support)
certification. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred. PALS
(Pediatric Advanced Life Support) preferred.
* Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: English/ Spanish bilingual
proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred but
not required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level
10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual
differential pay. Training in Early Periodic Screening &
Development Testing and Women s Health Exams preferred. Knowledge
of established professional nursing concepts and all nursing
procedures. Knowledge of the uses and effects of medications.
Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks
simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively
interact with a variety of patients, patients families and
employees in a professional manner. Ability to understand, assess
and react effectively to the unique needs of patients in all age
groups. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs
including Word, Excel, and EMR.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion
for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to
work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the
At Farm Workers Clinic
* We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
* We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
* We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no
matter the risk.
* We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
* We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
* We will let joy in.
* We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything
short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Registered Nurse - $5,000.00 Bonus, Healthcare , Grandview, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!