Mental Health Therapist - $5,000 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered, but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Are you an experienced therapist who enjoys working with a
multidisciplinary team? Does your passion and background involve
working with children and families? Do you want to provide support
for an underserved population? If any of this sounds like you, we
have an excellent opportunity for you as a Mental Health
What We Offer
* $5,000 sign-on bonus in first paycheck and $1,000 bonus at 12
months of employment.
* 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
* Relocation allowance.
* Bilingual differential with demonstrated ability to communicate
at level 10 or higher on ALTA language scale.
What You ll Do
* Provide mental health services to children and adolescents and
* Grow and maintain your own client panel
* Collaborate with multiple levels of support staff and providers
to build client care plans
We Want to Talk to You If You Are
* A licensed therapist who has direct experience treating children
* A team-focused individual who can engage with all levels of an
* A therapist who can handle complex, multi-service treatment plans
that may require expertise in evidence-based practices.
* Bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred but not
* Assesses initial client treatment needs and formulates
appropriate diagnosis. Provides treatment to patients with more
complex or multiple diagnoses. Performs intake session with clients
and completes Integrated Biopsychosocial Assessment.
* Formulates a mental health diagnosis by Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders V (DSM V) standards.
* Develops treatment plan incorporating standard practice
guidelines for each diagnosis. Provides therapy, supportive
therapeutic counseling, and education to assigned individuals.
* Applies therapeutic treatment models, such as behavior
modification, cognitive behavioral therapy, and brief therapy
during counseling sessions.
* Responds to crisis situations by assessing urgency and needs and
obtaining appropriate services. For example, uses standard
screening instrument to assess suicidal potential.
* Provides treatment assistance to outside organizations, such as
* Works with individual to transition and maintain a presence in a
community setting after psychiatric hospitalizations.
* Provides clinical supervision and oversight to Mental Health
Workers and therapy assistants which includes clinical chart
audits, ongoing case review, and regular meetings to provide
guidance and resources.
* Develops cross system plans or collaborates with other community
professionals in the treatment of individuals. Participates in
various community meetings, such as schools, courts, DSHS,
corrections, and other health care providers.
* Completes encounters and associated documentation, including
coding and billing.
* Presents case studies and reports to funding sources or as
requested by outside organizations.
* Measures change and adjusts treatment as needed, using
appropriate screening tools.
* Provides cognitive behavioral therapy to individuals, families,
groups or communities as assigned. Integrates cognitive behavioral
interventions in multiple settings.
* Enters documentation into the electronic medical record
* Responds to crisis situations, assessing urgency of patient s
needs, provides care, and obtains appropriate services as
* Assists patient and family in obtaining additional services and
other resources as needed. Documents all referrals made to other
* As assigned, participates in various community meetings and
serves as a liaison to numerous community agencies and
organizations, including school districts, hospitals, law
enforcement, Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) staff,
and tribal authorities.
* Presents mental health/behavioral health findings and
recommendations in verbal or written format to appropriate
professionals either upon request or as part of a regular case
presentation for peer review or clinical meeting.
* Leads staff training sessions on new therapeutic techniques and
practices. Provides training and education on clinical topics to
team members, staff and the community, as needed.
* Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
* Education: Master s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
or related field.
* Experience: Two years experience postgraduate/master s experience
in the direct treatment of persons with mental illness or emotional
disturbance; such experience must have been gained under the
supervision of a mental health professional. Washington State
designation as a Mental Health Professional (MHP) may be
substituted for this experience requirement. One year s full-time
experience in the treatment of children under the supervision of a
children s mental health specialist. Washington State designation
as a Child Mental Health Specialist may be substituted for this
* Licenses/Certificates/Registration : Current Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid certification (or obtained within 45
days of employment). One of the following licenses is required for
this position (must apply for within one week of hire if the
license is not current):
* Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW)
* Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
* Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
* Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
* We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
* We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
* We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no
matter the risk.
* We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
* We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
* We will let joy in.
* We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything
short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Mental Health Therapist - $5,000 Bonus, Healthcare , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!