Medical Assistant Certified Surgery Center $2k Sig
Company: Good Shepherd Health Care System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSurgery Center - Plaza DEFINITION OF
POSITION:Employee assists the provider in patient care, computer
electronic medical record documentation, charting and ordering
tests, prior authorizing referral appointments and/or medications,
refilling medications, administering immunizations, assisting with
procedures, patient education, plus any/all other duties necessary
for the smooth and efficient functioning of the clinic. Responsible
for carrying out the mission, vision and quality commitment of Good
Shepherd Health Care System.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check patients into exam room and obtain pertinent information,
vitals, medications, etc. pertaining to the clinic visit then
assist provider as needed.
- Sets up for examinations and/or procedures with necessary
supplies and instruments as directed by provider then assists
provider as needed. Ensures all instruments are properly cleaned
and sterilized for the next procedure.
- Stocks and maintains adequate medical supplies in exam rooms
and within clinic supply area, reordering as needed. Stocks and
maintains adequate supplies of vaccines and other medications,
reordering as needed with assistance of Practice Manager. Follows
direction of provider regarding supplies or vaccines needed.
- Responds to incoming phone calls and/or messages from patients,
other providers, insurance companies, pharmacies regarding medical
or insurance questions, referring to the provider or nurse to
assist you as needed. Also input any faxed Rx refill requests into
electronic record then sends to appropriate provider for
- Maintains an outline for procedures to assist other personnel
when helping the nurse and provider.
- Obtains insurance referrals for patient appointments with other
providers. Obtain prior authorization for medications as directed
by nurse or provider. This job function varies amongst
- Charts into record, paper or electronic, vital signs,
medications, histories, immunizations and other necessary
information as directed.
- Administers immunizations, vaccines, contraceptive injections,
etc. as directed, following protocol for patient, following nurse
or provider directions. Document: injection site, Lot/NDC #, and
vaccine into the electronic medical record.
- Performs EKGs, spirometry, diabetic glucose checks i.e.
Accuchecks, waived CLIA lab tests i.e. dip urinalysis, pulse
oximetry, etc., as ordered by nurse or provider. Present results to
nurse or provider then document these into electronic medical
- Performs patient education as directed by nurse or provider
i.e. nebulizer treatments, finger stick glucose checks, etc.
- Performs nursing visits, i.e. blood pressure checks,
staple/stitch removal, shots only visit, weight check, etc. as
directed by nurse or provider.
- Assists with front office duties, i.e. schedule appointments,
prepare charts, answer phone, enters computer data into the
electronic medical record, and file as needed. Assists with all
other duties as needed within the clinic to ensure efficiency and
- Position may require working variable hours including nights
and weekends and within various
specialties.QUALIFICATIONS:Education - High School Diploma or
equivalent preferredRequired: Current Certified Medical Assistant
certification and or completion of an accredited program and/or
coursework for Medical Assistant. Current BLS certificationOther:
Bilingual and/or English-Spanish speaking preferred. Ability to
work with culturally diverse population.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Health Care System, Yakima , Medical Assistant Certified Surgery Center $2k Sig, Healthcare , Hermiston, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!