Company: Fieldstone Memory Care
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing Services*
*DIRECT REPORTS: n/a*
Caregivers provide quality nursing care to residents in an
environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, and freedom of
choice, while providing individualized attention and encouraging
residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical,
mental, and psychosocial well-being and answering residents' call
lights promptly and courteously.
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Understands and ensures that individualized care plans are
followed and provides the Director of Nursing Services or other
care planning staff with specific information, changes and
observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Follows the ADLs of each individuals care plan attending to the
individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming,
bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting,
colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation,
range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the
individuals' care requirements.
- Provides care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to
prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing
incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents,
and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
- Protects the personal belongings of each resident including
eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing,
memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to
- Performs various tasks assigned by the Director of Nursing
Services including vital signs, residents' weights, applying
creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving,
and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting
devices for accident prevention.
- Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or
other information in keeping with department policies while
performing all job responsibilities in accordance with the policy
and procedures including standard precautions, thorough hand
washing, use of gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Caregivers are responsible for following standard precautions and
safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk
management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working
conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Attends and participates in required meetings and trainings.
Stays Current on all OneMint and other system assigned tasks and
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
*EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS*
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Current WA State CNA/HCA license in good standing
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- A minimum of three months' prior Nursing Assistant experience in
long-term care preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR card
- Maintain current Food Handlers card
- Pass a Criminal Background and fingerprint check
- General computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft
Outlook, Excel, and Word. Working knowledge of office machines
(copier, fax, phone system, etc.).
- Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an
aptitude to learn company applications.
- Has compassion and a special interest in working with the senior
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays
and overtime, to meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with
residents, families, community members, volunteers and other
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in resident care
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for
residents, staff, and visitors.
- Meets all mandatory health requirements by State regulations.
- Ability to work independently (with minimum supervision)
The physical demands described here are representatives of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50
pounds, lifting 25 to 40 pounds constantly. The employee must reach
below shoulder height frequently and kneel, stoop and squat
occasionally. Stand 6 out of 8 hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 - $19.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Long term care
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Yakima, WA 98908: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fieldstone Memory Care, Yakima , Caregiver, Healthcare , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!