Medical Charge Entry Specialist (5232)
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Location: Pilot Rock
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Responsible for timely daily charge entry in accordance with
billing standards and reimbursement policy and procedures. Is
responsible for seeking resolution to problems relating to timely
and efficient charge entry while ensuring excellent communication
to ensure provider satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter office visit charges for assigned providers based on the
pending charge from practice management system, including office
visits as well as ancillary charges such as vaccines and their
- Review Pending Charges and Encounter Resolution Reports to
verify completeness and accuracy, notice anomalies and any abnormal
or mismatched entries, following up with appropriate person(s) to
obtain complete information.
- Append specific data such as modifiers, payer specific
information, including authorization criteria, CPT and ICD-10 code
and date of injury (DOI) based on payer specifics, insurance and
authorization requirements and referring physicians' unique
- Ensure timely daily resolution of any demographic and/or
charges submitted lacking necessary information to allow
- Reduce denials by correct use of modifiers, mapping, and
linking codes with services.
- Understand and interpret the Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) as
it applies to charge entry work.
- Append additional dx codes needed for HCC/RAF scoring based on
the payer requirements.
- Achieve goals set forth by supervisor regarding error-free
work, transactions, processes and compliance requirements.
- Strive to achieve and maintain individual goals and benchmarks,
including charge entry within 1-2 days of provider sign off.
- Contribute to achievement of team goals and benchmarks,
including AR, DSO and cost as a % of receipts.
- Assists in maintaining manuals, logs and other required
documentation as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding for patient confidentiality to
protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Follow all established quality protocols.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned. Benefit
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for
employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- 1-2 years medical charge entry, medical billing or related
- Training: We offer hands on individual training with a
mentoring program to continue ongoing development. We are a devoted
team of professionals, working cohesively to build on our expertise
as a work family since 2007. With a vibrant work culture focused on
continually improving people and processes, our curiosity,
persistence and positive attitudes are core strengths. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package and an ever-evolving learning and
development program to foster career and personal growth. We truly
value our employees.
Adaugeo Healthcare Solutions is part of a family owned and operated
healthcare organization, providing collaborative support and
corporate oversight to our family of companies. We are committed to
operational excellence and cost-efficient administrative, technical
and management services, including:
- Accounting and Finance
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Centralized Scheduling
- Certified Coding
- Clinic Administration
- Credentialing and Privileging
- Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Human Resources and Payroll
- IT Infrastructure
- Purchasing and Materials Management
- Quality Improvement
- Recruiting and Sourcing
- Software Development Our family of companies also includes
Praxis Health, the largest independent medical group in Oregon, and
Interpath Laboratory, Inc., the Northwest's leading, innovative
clinical and anatomic medical laboratory with over 90 locations
across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Our organization has over 50
years of proven success as a multi-specialty healthcare delivery
system, thanks to our amazing people who contribute passion,
dedication and ingenuity every day. It's because of our people that
we believe in putting people first!
Physical Demands: Manual dexterity for office machine operation
including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle
files and supplies, sitting for extended periods of time. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently life and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally life
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Stress can be triggered by multiple
staff demands and deadlines.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office environment.
Involves frequent contact with staff.
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Adaugeo Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Yakima , Medical Charge Entry Specialist (5232), Healthcare , Pilot Rock, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!