Registered Nurse - $5,000.00 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: March 14, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Provides direct nursing care for patients. Performs diagnostic
tests, analyzes results, administers medications, records patient's
symptoms and medical histories. Provides support and assistance to
the providers during outpatient office procedures.
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 on first paycheck and $2,000.00 at
12 months of employment.
- $34-$42/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Provides care during patient visits, discussing chief complaint
and obtaining vital signs and complete health history for the
patient. Develops a baseline physical assessment.
- Performs phone triage with patients to determine chief
complaint and assessment of next steps and follow up care
- Documents health history, assessments, actions and medications
in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Assists providers in diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Performs IV Starts when ordered. Provides information to
patient regarding the procedure, including site selection and
- Communicates with patient to collect information on allergies
and preexisting conditions.
- Provides information to patient regarding the procedure,
including site selection and possible complications.
- Identifies the purpose, side effects, and onset of action for
each class of drug being given to patient. Explains medication,
usage and possible side effects to patient/guardian and obtains
- Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing
patient plan of care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals
related to patient care as directed by the provider.
- Collaborates with provider in implementing the patient plan of
care including providing education and identifying additional
services needed for the patient. Initiates follow-up care plan as
- Collaborates with ancillary staff to process patients based on
providers schedule, maintaining smooth patient flow.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Associate s Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science
Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience: One year s experience providing clinical or
outpatient care as an Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: RN license for
the state of practice. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
certification within three months of employment. BCLS (Basic
Cardiac Life Support) certification. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life
Support) preferred. PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: English/ Spanish bilingual
proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must
demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA
language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
Training in Early Periodic Screening & Development Testing and
Women s Health Exams preferred. Knowledge of established
professional nursing concepts and all nursing procedures. Knowledge
of the uses and effects of medications. Effective verbal, written
and listening communication skills. Ability to prioritize work and
handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent
interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of
patients, patients families and employees in a professional manner.
Ability to understand, assess and react effectively to the unique
needs of patients in all age groups. Basic proficiency with a
variety of computer programs including Word, Excel, and EMR.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: coronary, intensive,
intensive care unit, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric,
psychiatric, recovery, registed
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Registered Nurse - $5,000.00 Bonus, Healthcare , Outlook, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...