Health Promotion & Instructional Specialist
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: March 18, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Provides instruction to participants that promotes healthy everyday
living. Creates and implements curriculum and instruction to meet
the needs of the participants.
What We Offer
- $23-$28/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Creates curriculum that utilizes theories and models of health
promotion and incorporates multicultural diversity and social
justice concepts and principles to provide health education to
- Adapts the curriculum to fit the needs of the target audience
- Creates lesson plans and ensures instruction flow is planned,
presented, and paced effectively for participants. Maintains
accurate records and documentation.
- Implements ecological approach that addresses both individual
and environmental influences on health.
- Provides participants with opportunities to set goals, make
plans, and reflect on learning.
- Provides activities that support active engagement and
encourages and supports participants in building new skills.
- Uses participant feedback to improve instruction and create an
engaging class. Creates plans for improvement based on pilot tests,
youth and adult assessments, and stakeholder feedback.
- Designs written and electronic educational materials and
videos. Contributes content to the organization s website, social
media, and newsletters.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive,
multi-disciplinary approach to health education within the
community (i.e., SNAP-Ed Services at local Farmers Markets, local
schools, and chamber of commerce).
- Assists with designing, planning, and implementing
evidence-based and cost effective strategies, policies, programs,
- Assists with setting measurable program objectives.
- Assists with conducting needs assessments and analyzing data to
assist in designing and improving program outcomes, such as focus
groups, surveys, and assessment tools as needed.
- Selects priority instructional issues based on needs assessment
- Monitors and assesses programs for student learning outcomes,
individual health status and behavior changes, and overall
- Assists with developing and implementing improvement plans for
the program based on outcomes.
- Provides accurate monthly reporting based on the evaluation
plan (data entry, surveys, written narrative reports, process
evaluation, success stories, etc.).
- Communicates with families and participants about health and/or
basic education progress.
- Ensures program, instruction, and activities maintain
compliance with Federal, State, and County requirements and
- Assists with developing and delivering presentations,
workshops, training, and outreach events based on the principles of
health promotion, healthy lifestyle choices, risk reduction and
prevention, and/ or relevant subjects.
- Participates in activities at YVFWC and other partner events to
share program information and/or provide activities.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Associate s Degree in a
health related field preferred.
- Experience: Two years experience working with adults and/or
youth in a classroom setting or in a health promotion related
field. Experience working in health and nutrition preferred.
Experience presenting information and teaching classes to small
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certified
Health Education Specialist (CHES) or eligible to become certified
preferred. First Aid/CPR certification within 90 days of
employment. Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile
liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10
on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential
pay. Knowledge of human service programs. Ability to develop lesson
plans. Ability to effectively manage a classroom and students.
Effective facilitation and presentation skills. Ability to develop
effective working relationships with clients, social service
providers, and partners. Ability to successfully work with
individuals from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and educational
backgrounds. Effective verbal, written and listening communication
skills with individuals and groups. Strong organizational skills.
Ability to work independently. Basic proficiency with a variety of
computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint. Proficiency with virtual platforms including Google
Classroom, Google Meets, and Zoom.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Health Promotion & Instructional Specialist, Healthcare , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...