Regional Clinic Nurse Supervisor - $7,500 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 17, 2023
This position holds responsibility and accountability for the
staff and general operation of the Nursing department at the
designated sites within a particular region. Responsibilities
include clinical coordination, planning, and implementation of
clinic nursing activities. Works to ensure optimal patient flow and
quality nursing care. Works with all departments to ensure smooth
operation of the clinics within the region.
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $7,500 on first paycheck and $2,000 at 12
months of employment.
- Salary $87,000-$116,000 DOE with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
more. Essential Functions/Responsibilities/Duties
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Assesses
competencies of staff, provides continuous performance management
and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses
performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and
- Collaborates with all levels of nursing personnel within the
region to update progress toward nursing and organizational goals.
Provides feedback on results related to goals and objectives to
Vice President of Operations, Clinic Director, Clinic Manager and
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the
educational, clinical experience, and communication needs of all
levels of nursing staff in collaboration with the individual.
Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating
job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Collaborates with Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Supervisors and
Nursing staff to create and implement plans to ensure continual
education, clinical competence, performance and effective
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff.
Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations,
policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and
- Collaborates with Vice President of Operations, Senior
Directors, Clinic Directors, Clinic Managers, and RN Charge
Supervisors to develop the Nursing capital budget for the region.
Develops and implements the annual department work plan forecasting
equipment needs and capacity requirements.
- Delegates and assigns work to RN Charge Supervisors and Nursing
staff. Utilizes workflow systems to efficiently achieve the
departmental mission and objectives.
- Monitors staff compliance with all policies, procedures and
standards of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC). Ensures
clinic compliance with Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPPA), The Joint Commission (TJC) and
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards of
patient and employee safety.
- Collaborates with management in assigned clinics to plan
standardized patient care delivery systems to effectively address
patient needs and ensure quality patient care and adequate staffing
throughout the region.
- Collaborates with all levels of Nursing staff to evaluate and
implement patient care plans.
- Leads the regional Nursing team in the implementation of
organizational and regional initiatives regarding patient care and
Nursing processes. Reviews processes related to daily
implementation of patient care and evaluates compliance and
effectiveness of the processes. Involves staff in development and
implementation of process improvement solutions.
- Updates Charge Nurses and staff on quality improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements. Qualifications
- Education: Associate s Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science
Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience: One year's clinical experience as a RN. One year's
supervisory experience in an Inpatient or Outpatient environment.
Two years experience in patient care as an RN preferred. Two years'
supervisory experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered
Nurse license for the state of practice. Basic Life Support (BLS)
Certification within 90 days of hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) preferred. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred.
Valid Driver s License and proof of automobile liability insurance
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual
(English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to
communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to
receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of established
professional nursing concepts, principles of practice and nursing
procedures. Ability to determine, assess and react effectively to
the medical needs of patients in a clinic. Knowledge of the uses
and effects of medications. Strong supervisory skills. Effective
verbal, written and listening communication skills. Skills in
problem-solving, sound judgement and conflict resolution. Ability
to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously,
with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a
variety of patients, patients families and employees in a
professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer
programs including Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence. Our mission celebrates diversity. We
are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Regional Clinic Nurse Supervisor - $7,500 Bonus, Healthcare , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!