Pharmacy Assistant - Part Time
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Performs clerical duties related to the ordinary operations of
the pharmacy under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager or
What We Offer
- $16-$19/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
uniform allowance, and more. Essential
- Answers the phone, answers non-professional level inquiries and
transfers calls to appropriate staff.
- Enters patient data and billing information in the system
including patient name, insurance, allergies, doctor and
- Delivers prescription to the patient verifying correct
medication is provided. Collects payment and signature from the
- Coordinates prescription counseling by the Pharmacist as
- Maintains awareness of stock level and enters order for
restocking based on defined minimum inventory levels. Verifies
quantity and submits order to the Wholesaler.
- Verifies product orders received with invoice and purchase
order. Places a sticker on each item and places it on the
- Monitors and checks expiration dates on drugs in stock.
- Returns or discards dispensed prescription to stock if not
picked up by patient. Enters information in the system for reverse
billing as allowed by state regulations.
- Processes prescription refills verifying refill availability as
allowed by state regulations.
- Completes third party billing form and contacts Provider if
prior authorization as allowed by state regulations.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA) and YVFWC requirements. Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pharmacy
Assistant state registration within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual
(English/Spanish) required . Must demonstrate the ability to
communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive
bilingual differential pay. Effective verbal and listening
communication skills with a customer-oriented approach. Knowledge
of medical terminology. Ability to perform administrative tasks
such as answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning and copying.
Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Ability to organize work while performing multiple tasks requiring
attention to detail. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer
systems including Microsoft Office preferred. Basic knowledge of a
minimum of one pharmacy software system preferred.
- Drug testing: This position requires testing for controlled
substances before employment and will be subject to further testing
throughout employment. About YVFWC
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence. Our mission celebrates diversity. We
are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Pharmacy Assistant - Part Time, Healthcare , Granger, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!