RN / Nurse Management Job in Yakima, Washington / Hospital
Company: K.A. Recruiting, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2018
The Senior Director of Nursing will be responsible for the perinatal division-this will include Labor/Deliver, Mother/Baby, and Peds/NICU
Title of Position:Senior Director,Nursing Services
Will Report to:VP - CNO
ROLE SUMMARY:Organizes and administers all areas of the nursing service department. The Senior Director performs a
variety of administrative and managerial functions.
1. Plan, direct, monitor activities of the assigned departments as reflected in the mission of the hospital and
in accordance with federal, state, local laws and regulations as well as standards established by Joint
2. Promotes sound fiscal operation by maintaining an effective budgeting process within the division.
3. Advise and make recommendations to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) regarding budgeting, cost and
4. Actively participate with leaders of the governing body, medical staff, management and clinical areas in
the hospital decision making structures and processes for the planning, promoting and conducting of
organization wide performance improvement activities.
5. Direct the operations of assigned departments and appraise their performances, including authority to
hire and terminate, subject to CNO approval.
6. Direct and assist department managers in establishing measurements of performance, increased
productivity, cost controls and maximum utilization of staff and facilities.
7. Responsible for organizing, directing and staffing assigned departments in a manner commensurate with
the scope of services provided and to ensure safe, quality patient care.
8. Investigate complaints of staff, physicians, patients and/or their families regarding patient care.
9. Participate in appropriate community, state
andnational nursing and hospital associations andprofessional organizations.
10. Participate in the maintenance and revision of the salary program for nursing division employees in
accordance with hospital policies, nursing union contract and state labor laws.
11. Participate with managers and administration in planning for adequate facilities, equipment and supplies
influencing the performance of nursing and medical personnel in their care of patients.
12. Coordinate and integrate policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
13. Participates with the top management team in formulating, administering and evaluating
organizational strategy and policy
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education:Master's Degree in Nursing,Business, Health Administration or related fieldrequired.
Five years leadership experience in acute care hospital required.
Registered Nurse currently licensed with the State of Washington
required. Nursing Administration Certification preferred. Current BLS for Healthcare Provider required.
Level of Business Knowledge/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
a. Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions in English,
understand complex problems and collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
b. Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and
tonegotiate andintegrate different viewpoints
2. Reasoning and Decision Making
a. Ability to analyze situations and identify pertinent problems/issues; collect relevant information.
b. Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department's credibility,
operations and services.
a. Ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting competing
and inflexible deadlines.
a. Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of
limited scope or impact, etc. and/or ability to make informal presentations
b. Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as legal documents, authoritative
reports, official publications of major scope and impact, etc., and or to make formal presentations.
Keywords: K.A. Recruiting, Inc., Yakima , RN / Nurse Management Job in Yakima, Washington / Hospital, Healthcare , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!