Human Resources Assistant - Relief
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: November 15, 2023
This position provides a wide variety of administrative support
to the Human Resources (HR) Departments Employee Relations and HR
What We Offer
- $17-$21/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- Prepares, processes, tracks and monitors a high volume and wide
variety of employee data using Ultimate Software s Human Resources
Information System (HRIS). HRIS related processes are both
established and new and span an employee life cycles from hiring
and new employee data, ongoing employment information, and
- Prepares, compiles, verifies/signs and organizes HR related
forms and documents; verifies and submits organization wide weekly
payroll transmittal to the Accounting Department.
- Creates and maintains and produces a variety of data-driven,
standard and recurring reports as well as occasionally creating new
reports using the HRIS, including metrics or similar data
- Tracks and monitors retention requirements for multiple
employee records/file types according to policy, compliance, and
law. Works with HR Receptionist to assure retention requirements,
including appropriate archiving and/or destruction processes are
- Monitors, tracks, and update documentation to support
employment eligibility processes by assuring I-9s are completed and
documented, including all new hire I-9 s and existing employees
reverification processes as legally required.
- Supports HR Director and HR Business Partners (HRBP) with
administrative duties to meet the needs of the division. Directs
and refers more complex or specialized inquiries to the appropriate
- Tracks, monitors, activity and processes a high volume of
annual performance evaluations for 2000+ employees. Communicates
with appropriate leaders to assure timely completion and creates
reports identifying evaluations not completed within stated
timelines. Monitors and processes provider engagement
conversations, and Foreign Language Skill (currently ALTA) testing
- Monitors activity, tracks and processes employee bonuses, such
as hiring bonus and reimbursements.
- Supports the HRBP s with immigration-related processes
including completing, compiling and processing immigration
documents; may provide updates to impacted parties regarding
- Monitors activity and tracks expirations for required licensure
and certifications. Notifies and communicates regarding expiring
certifications/licenses. In coordination with the appropriate HR
party, communicates with internal parties any relevant information
from the WA State Department of Health and the OR Boards regarding
employees with disciplinary action relating to a potential
certificate or license revocation.
- Receives and completes employer responses to requests for
verification of employment from a variety of government and private
- Receives, completes and processes unemployment claims.
- Supports HRSA and JCC compliance efforts through performing a
wide variety of administrative duties; assists with federal, state
human resource related compliance organizational audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate s Degree in Human Resources (HR), Business
or related area. High School Diploma or GED and two additional
years of relevant experience may be substituted for an Associate s
Degree . Bachelor s Degree in HR or Business Administration
- Experience: Two years experience working in a role such as an
HR Assistant, HR Office Assistant, or similar administrative
support position in office administration.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: High level of proficiency
using Microsoft office products Word, Excel, and Outlook is
required. Familiarity using additional software programs such as
Ultimate Software, ADP, PeopleSoft or other HRIS desired.
Consistent, reliable attendance, including the ability to maintain
a regular work schedule. Ability to provide outstanding customer
service and interact with diverse visitors and staff in a positive,
professional manner required. Ability to react positively and
respond quickly to changing business needs; motivated and able to
take on challenges with minimal direction as needed; ability to
identify proactively when something needs to be done and
respond/react accordingly. Time management skills, organizational
skills; able to prioritize tasks while remaining calm and
professional; high level of attention to detail, sometimes with
frequent interruptions required. Ability to work both independently
and as a member of a team, to be self-directed and to be able to
follow directions from others required. Ability to handle sensitive
situations and confidential information with discretion
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion
for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to
work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: administrative,
administrative assistant, assist, assistant, co op, intern,
internship, on call, support, supportive
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Human Resources Assistant - Relief, Human Resources , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!