Company: Yakima Chief Hops
Posted on: May 8, 2019
Position Title: ETL DEVELOPERCompany Name: Yakima Chief HopsSector:
Information TechnologyJob Type: Full-Time
Job Title: ETL Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Database Administration Manager
ETL Developer will work with a data-focused team and is responsible
for designing, testing and executing both one-off and prescheduled
SQL scripts, as well as ETL packages, to migrate data from multiple
data sources into a data warehouse environment.
Designs data transformation logic, management processes and
capabilities (e.g., governance, archiving, metadata, master data
and data quality). Documents technical designs based on business
requirements and functional designs, develops and executes
applicable test plans and scenarios, and oversees applicable
testing processes before code is deployed to production
- Devise and build data processing jobs for the creation and
maintenance of tables and views.
- Understand and work with multiple data sources to create a
unified solution that implements the client's business rules and
supports their analytical needs.
- Create stored procedures, SSIS packages and use other methods
to import/translate/manipulate data.
- Analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root
cause and create effective solutions.
- Optimize processes involving large data sets to improve
performance via evaluation, validation, correction and enrichment
of data for analysis.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their business
requirements and make recommendations to help solve problems or
- Deliver high quality projects on-time and within budget in a
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company's Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state
and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company's policies, SOPs,
QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work
processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to
standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or
designee. Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of ETL development. Specific experience with ETL
concepts to include tools and processes such as data analysis,
database conversion, data mining or data migration.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft development technologies
such as SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and supporting concepts including OLAP,
analytics, data mining, dimensional modeling (relational and
non-relational), and benchmarking.
- Strong SQL development skills with expertise in SQL Server's
TSQL, SQL Server Integration Services, and mySQL.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Platform-as-a-Service experience is
- Experience architecting ETL packages, and designing and
developing data systems (SQL server based on cloud, on-premise, and
- MS Power BI experience is desired.
- Experience with developing enterprise data solutions to
populate a data warehouse for a production environment following
current best practices within source-controlled.
- Experience with SQL Server agent jobs.
- Ability to extrapolate database schema to meet the business
needs of the application.
- Ability to document issues and "lessons learned", in an effort
to employ preventative measures.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Educational
Requirements: Bachelor degree from 4-year institution focusing on
Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar discipline
with 4-5 years of career experience.
Keywords: Yakima Chief Hops, Yakima , ETL DEVELOPER, IT / Software / Systems , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!