Health Promotion & Instructional Specialist
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Implements curriculum, instructs participants, and organizes
instruction to meet the needs of the participants.
- Education: HS Diploma is required.
- Experience: 2 years' experience working with participants
(adult or youth) in a classroom/program related setting or in a
health promotion related field is required. An Associate's or
Bachelor's degree in a health related field may substitute for the
two year requirement.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certified Health Education
Specialist (CHES) or eligible to become certified preferred (Health
Promotion Specialist only). Must provide results of FBI background
check. First Aid/CPR card required within 30 days of hire. Current
Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile liability
insurance coverage required.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English and
Spanish) preferred; ability to work independently; ability to work
with culturally diverse populations; ability to communicate
effectively orally and written; knowledge of human service programs
and the ability to develop effective working relationships with
clients, social service providers and partners; ability to work
some evening and weekends; ability to develop lesson plans.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics,
14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two
states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home
(PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion
for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to
work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Health Promotion & Instructional Specialist, Other , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!