Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you are passionate about serving the underserved, have good
communication skills and thrive in an environment that empowers
clients to help themselves, we have an excellent Social Worker
opportunity in our Grandview, WA clinic!
What we are looking for:
- A compassionate, caring, person who understands social
determinants of health and has the desire to serve maternal and
pediatric clients throughout the pregnancy and maternity
- A candidate who is passionate about community health and their
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships
with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in
a positive and professional manner.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred.
What you will do:
- Provide assessment and ongoing treatment planning; brief,
culturally relevant, mental health counseling; crisis intervention
services; and linkages to individuals included but not limited to
maternal-child health programs and other community-based
- Participate as the specialized treatment provider in a multiple
- Work with assigned clients with special issues including:
domestic violence, substance abuse, sexual assault, anger
management, personality disorders, developmental delays, duel
diagnoses, complex diagnosis, and other cases requiring advanced
expertise in evidence-based practices.
- Provide services independently to clients in either an office
or home setting.
- Be a vital link in assisting clients to develop
self-sufficiency, self-efficacy, and control over their lives and
the raising of their children.
What you need:
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or
- Experience: A minimum of two years of supervised experience in
the direct treatment of mentally ill persons in a mental health or
social service setting. An understanding of different psychological
theories of change, treatment strategies, and the ability to
collaborate with other service providers both within and outside of
the agency. Knowledge of advanced evaluative techniques of
personality, academic, behavioral and cognitive domains. Ability to
perform appropriate assessments, crisis intervention, risk
management, and case coordination skills.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Any one of the following
licenses are acceptable for this position and must be obtained
within 60 days of hire: WA state: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
(LMHC), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW),
Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW), Licensed Marriage and
Family Therapist (LF), Licensed Psychologist (PY), Licensed Mental
Health Counselor Associate (LMHCA), Licensed Social Worker
Associate Advanced (LSWAA), Licensed Social Worker Associate
Independent Clinical (LSWAIC), Licensed Marriage and Family
Therapist Associate (LMFTA), Certified Counselor (CL). Current
Washington State driver's license with proof of automobile
liability insurance coverage. First Aid/CPR card within 30 days of
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics,
14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two
states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home
(PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion
for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to
work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Social Worker, Other , Grandview, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!