Company: RDO Equipment Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This individual will provide leadership in motivating, managing,
and evaluating Service Technicians. The Service Manager will
efficiently coordinate, schedule, and manage Service Technician's
time, while maintaining the work order process. This role will also
communicate with the customer in regards to quotes, job status, and
scheduling. This management role will coordinate activities with
other departments to best serve the needs of the customer and
Specific Duties Include:
- Demonstrate leadership in day-to-day management of the Service
Technicians under their direction.
- Assign and schedule jobs and work areas to Service Technicians
according to their skills and knowledge.
- Coach, mentor, and communicate job expectations to service
department team members.
- Lead and take ownership of management responsibility relating
to hiring, performance management and overall people management
with assigned Service Technicians.
- Effectively utilize the service scheduling and Ewalk tools to
properly manage the flow of the work order process to completion.
(customer, internal and warranty)
- Follow and understand all of our manufacturer partner's
guidelines, processes and expectations.
- Review and approve the daily timecards for employees.
- Proactively seek customer feedback, anticipate problems and
- Respond and follow up with employee issues and/or
- Review and process all repair work orders for accuracy and
completeness concerning parts, materials, labor, and approve the
release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- Assist and support all aspects of the service department in
support of the responsibilities of the Service Operations
- Responsible for facilitating proper annual employee reviews,
1:1 meetings and quarterly Career Path Level (CPL) meetings.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold
within the dealership's area of responsibility.
- Maintain and demonstrate the knowledge of the RDO Equipment Co.
Service operations and procedures model.
- Effectively utilize company provided tools, i.e. Work Order
Scheduler, Ewalk, Precise, DTAC, Service Advisor, Service Advisor
- Handle warranty claims, including computation of charges,
partner with the Central Warranty Department on the submission and
follow-up of all warranty claims.
- Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout
the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly open-book
meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an
open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team
- Foster an engaged work environment within the location/s,
encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a
commitment to serving the customer.
- Lead and manage all business and/or department activities
related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that
all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term
relationships with customers.
- Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the
community is consistent with RDO Equipment Co. Core Values, and
that business relationships with all stakeholders are not
- Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical
and financial resources and administer the hiring,
development/training, management, evaluation, and effective
assignment of people resources.
- Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices
and processes are implemented and are continuously improved to
effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work
assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified
in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored
training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with
peers, management, and support resources, with a constant
commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a
professional and efficient manner.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Technical knowledge
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school
Keywords: RDO Equipment Co., Yakima , Service Manager, Other , Othello, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!