Company: Harris Steel
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Oversee and direct the activities of Harris Rebar Branch office,
shop and Harris and third-party field placing operations consistent
with Harris Rebar's vision and values to achieve strategic goals,
including the oversight and development of teammates at the branch
under direction of Branch Manager.
- Must adhere to and ensure implementation of Harris Rebar's
safety programs and standards to achieve company goal of zero
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar's vision and
- Ensure effective implementation of all other Harris Rebar
Policies and directives relevant to estimating, sales, detailing,
shop fabrication, profit/loss, and Harris or third-party field
- Direct supervisors/foremen with respect to safety, production
volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and
- Manage and understand market conditions and market forces that
drive the business.
- Manage workforce levels of all shop-related personnel and
oversee the scheduling of their work hours, including managing
overtime hours, so that customer needs are met and costs are
- Oversee the hiring, training, motivation, evaluation and work
of shop and office personnel so that all employees perform
effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate plant inventory at levels established by Branch
Manager and order reinforcing steel as needed so that customer
needs can be met within established inventory goals.
- Assure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly
maintained for efficient production.
- Oversee proper authorization and purchase of needed replacement
parts and recommends to management any capital expenditures so that
the shop can operate with the most up-to-date and efficient plant
and equipment as possible.
- Provide Branch Manager with appropriate operating data so that
accurate costs can be maintained, and efficiency can be
- Maintain good employee relations and adherence to company
policy, take proper and judicious disciplinary measures when
- Implement, in coordination with Branch Manager, all Harris
Rebar policy and practices to all personnel so that all employees
know what is expected of them and, in turn, what they can expect
from their employer.
- Assure efficient and economical utilization of materials,
improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices
within the department.
- Establish accountabilities and goals used for performance
- Ensure that appropriate corporate controls and policies are
implemented and adhered to.
- Act as "landlord" for location so that adequate work
environment and necessary support services are provided.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now or in the future.
- Five to eight years of reinforcing steel fabrication or related
experience, with at least three years' experience as a
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA Industrial Safety Standards
- Knowledge of related business, labor relations, cost accounting
and industrial regulations and standards
- Experience implementing continuous improvement and/or related
project management experience in implementing improvements
- 5 Years construction industry experience (field, engineering,
other construction products)
- Ability to work as a team leader/member on projects with an
aptitude for problem solving
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize
- Effective verbal and communication skills
- Respond to urgent issues that arise at plant location.
- Work in noisy manufacturing environment with known
- Typical shop activities, walking, some heavy lifting may be
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending
- Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other
- Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
- Working conditions can be noisy, dusty, hot, cold
EJN - Harris Rebar
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar
offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance,
Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance;
Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a
Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of
race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion,
creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy,
veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals
who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended,
may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Harris Rebar's
selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect
your opportunity for employment with Harris Rebar. If you require
an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the
HR Department (508-377-1135.) Harris Rebar seeks to hire the most
qualified applicant for each position.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Tacoma, WA, USA
- US Northwest, 577 2nd Avenue, Burbank, Washington, United
States of America
Keywords: Harris Steel, Yakima , Operations Manager, Other , Burbank, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!