These positions are within the Forest Service's Chief
Information Office (CIO) and provide onsite support for a Forest
Service (FS) Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center (JCCC) to
include computer technical support for monitoring the operation of
small networked systems, end-user support and business
For additional information, please contact David Gonzalez at
(303) 275-5928 or email@example.com, or Charles Brown at
(828) 497-8000 or Charles.Brown2@usda.gov.
Learn more about this agency
- Diagnosing and resolving routine problems for a wide variety of
applications, operating systems, proposals, and equipment.
- Responding to problems based on a user and/or
management-initiated request made in person, by telephone or by
- Providing local IT User Support and adherence to the required
security procedures and safeguards.
- Applying rules and procedures for strict adherence ensuring
compatibility with existing systems and other system interfaces and
testing for system malfunctions.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required
one or two times per year for training.
0335 Computer Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background
investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to
have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and
qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of
the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for
this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's General
Schedule Qualification Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess
the experience requirements.
Specialized Experience Requirement:
For the GS-08: You must have one year specialized experience
equivalent to the GS-07 in the Federal service. Specialized
experience is defined as two or more of the following: providing
technical support for a wide variety of computer software and
hardware; and/or submitting requests for
creating/deleting/modifying of employee profiles and user access;
and/or utilizing a variety of resources to identify, research, and
resolve technical problems or errors.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for specialized