AutoGlass Technician Trainee - $17/hr
Company: Safelite AutoGlass
Posted on: June 10, 2021
AutoGlass Technician Trainee - $17/hr
A Technician Trainee will be trained and educated on the
importance of being a vehicle glass technician who will graduate
our training program with first level fundamentals to complete
unsupervised glass repair and replacement. You will champion the
Safelite Spirit with your can-do attitude, caring heart, and
service mindset while striving to bring unexpected happiness to
your customers by completing jobs with only the highest quality
standard in mind.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This
won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate
teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary
results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort,
heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care
about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need
to have a happy work/life balance.
- Learn to replace vehicle glass through classroom work and/or
practical application by Quality Manager(s) or a certified
technician mentor(s) utilizing the Safelite Way of Fitting
- Learn to recalibrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
utilizing Safelite tools and processes
- Expected to sign an Installation Compliance Agreement (ICA) and
pass our SafeTech certification before graduating and becoming a
- Trained on delivering unparalleled customer delight through
customer service modules and role play scenarios.
- Educated on work order and customer administration through
Safelite's handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM)
- Safely operate a variety of vehicle glass tools including our
True Seal, Ezi-Wire, and Glass Table System (GTS).
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to
and from customer locations throughout the workday.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to
demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Safelite Way of Fitting
- Assist other members of your team as required.
- Undertake any other duties given to you by Safelite
What you'll get:
- Competitive hourly pay -- paid weekly.
- Performance-based incentives and bonuses.
- Paid training, vans, smart phone, tools, and uniforms.
- 401k with company matching.
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 annually).
- Competitive medical insurance.
- Paid time off for R&R and volunteering opportunities in
your own community.
- Being part of a national organization with career growth
- Working with a purpose. This role makes a difference every
- Celebrated as one of our valued technicians.
- Follow Safelite policies and procedures on every job
- Achieve a near perfect attendance during the training
- Focus in a classroom environment for extended periods of
- Fulfill all physical requirement of the job, including, but not
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. for short periods
multiple times a day
- Maintain adequate range of motion in upper extremities
(shoulder, arm, elbow)
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Remain on your feet for extended periods of time
- The ability to operate a commercial vehicle safely and
courteously, adhering to all Company policies and procedures
relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and
regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving
record that falls within the Company requirements
- Follow Safelite's policy on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
for all equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, cut
resistant gloves, uniform, approved footwear, arm sleeves and
nitrile gloves while working in the course and scope of your
employment with Safelite
- Safely handle sharp tools and razor blades while working with
and around hazardous chemicals
- Ability to remain flexible with hours and days trained/worked
as workload fluctuates due to frequent changes in customer and
- Read our training manual, study, and pass a multiple-choice
certification exam as well as complete all training assigned within
the allotted timeframe
- Work in extreme temperatures
- Maintain a professional appearance, as well as maintenance and
cleanliness requirements on Company vehicles
- Work and collaborate effectively within your team and
- Exhibit self-motivation with organizational and time-management
- Comply with hiring requirements and drug screens per company
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what
we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service
brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at
our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people
come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a
fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be
the best place you'll ever work.
Let's further explore to make sure this is the right job for
you. Grab some popcorn, take 7 minutes to learn more, enjoy the
video, and we'll see you soon.
Keywords: Safelite AutoGlass, Yakima , AutoGlass Technician Trainee - $17/hr, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!