Government Relations Manager
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We are looking for a Government Relations Manager to join our
team. This position is based in Yakima, Washington, but requires
frequent travel to a variety of locations including Olympia, Salem,
Portland, YVFWC sites, as needed, and occasional travel to
Yakima offers 300+ days of sunshine, affordable living and is
only a 2-hour drive east of Seattle, across the beautiful Cascade
Mountains. Relocation assistance is available.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who understands Washington, Oregon, and federal
legislative timelines, procedural requirements and lobby
- Someone who is knowledgeable of the legislative life cycle
through bill development, passage, adoption and rulemaking.
- A leader with strong ability to research, analyze and develop
public policy advocacy strategies, and collaborate with other
stakeholders around topics of shared concerned.
- Someone with strong communication skills (written and verbal),
planning and time management skills, ability to work effectively
with minimal supervision and sound professional judgement.
- A professional who maintains confidentiality while working with
various groups of people with strong and differing opinions.
- A leader capable of maintaining effective partnerships with
public and private sector partners.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of
YVFWC government relations necessary to improve and protect its
mission and goals.
What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7
telemedicine, profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid
time off; paid holidays, and more
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public
Affairs, Public Health, Health Administration, or related field.
Master's degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public
Affairs, Public Health, Health Administration, or related field
- 5 years of experience analyzing legislation, state budgets and
public policy research. Experience in health care and health policy
- Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of
automobile liability insurance coverage required.
- Must be able to travel (up to 50% of the time, once Covid
restrictions are lifted)
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics,
14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two
states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home
(PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
About the Location
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means living in the breathtaking
Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity enjoy spectacular
wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches and crystal-clear lakes and
rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has
two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. Eastern
Washington is shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high
mountains; tend to be sunny and arid.
The two climates enable farms and orchards to produce a bounty
of different fruits, berries and vegetables. And with 22
appellations, Washington and Oregon are celebrated for their
world-class wines, with Tri-Cities commonly referred to as the
"Heart of Washington Wine Country".
Beyond the beautiful climate and vegetation, living in Yakima
means you will be within an easy drive to thriving metropolitan
areas, offering fine shopping, theatres, museums and galleries.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion
for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to
work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Government Relations Manager, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!