Pallet Attendant Othello FG
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.
This job is responsible for the palletizing of all finished
product from the packaging area. The palletizer is mainly
responsible for properly stacking finished product on pallets,
wrapping pallets, and palletizer maintenance. This role must be a
strong player in palletizer operations and maintenance, and take a
proactive approach, identifying opportunity areas.
- Must be able to complete training on the safe operation of the
lift truck and successfully pass and maintain certification
- Ensures cases with finished product are properly stacked on
quality, unbroken pallets in designated patterns
- Maintains and operates the case sealing equipment and case
shaker areas and equipment
- Ensures damaged or held cases are reworked, reglued and
- Demonstrates ability to operate and maintain the palletizer,
slip sheeter, and stretch wrap equipment and area.
- Ensures lines are supplied with bulk and that finished product
- Provides assistance for all tote handling activities as
- Ensures there is no injury to self or others by following safe
work practices and policies.
High School Diploma/GED
6+ months of responsible work
- Pay $18.56/hr.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate in a manner
to successfully perform the job duties.
- Must be able to perform basic math functions (addition,
subtraction, multiplication and counting).
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills (turn computer
on, use a mouse, save a document, and open a file or program).
- Must have manual dexterity in both hands.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements to safely drive a
forklift; ie: drive backward while looking over shoulder, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs in a safe and proper
- Must be able to use up to 50 pounds of push/pull force needed
to push/pull barrels weighing up to 450 lbs using a rolling
- Must be able to maneuver in close quarters and climb stairs and
- Must be able to work in extreme environments: hot or cold
temperatures and wet and slick floors.
- Must be able to work with and around hazardous chemicals
wearing appropriate PPE, includes but no limited to, full wetsuit,
boots, chemical gloves and face shield or goggles.
Job Requisition ID: 4784
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant - Othello
Country: United States
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.
If you require technical assistance, please email us at
Keywords: Simplot, Yakima , Pallet Attendant Othello FG, Other , Othello, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!