Assistant General Manager.
Company: Town Sports International Holdings Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
ARE YOU OUR NEXT ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Assistant General Managers to join our growing team. The
Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager in owning
the four walls including membership and fitness sales, operations
and customer service. This position oversees a team of fitness and
sales professionals in the club and is responsible for executing
the organization's member retention strategy through the successful
management and monitoring of the member experience.
CREATE THE TSI ENVIRONMENT
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Continuously modeling and promoting the TSI mission, guiding
principles and values with pride and integrity.
- Providing a legendary member experience by consistently
executing the Clubhouse Rules.
- Performs a Member Experience Walkthrough (MEW) daily.
- Being available to team members to address questions and
concerns (Open Door Policy at all times).
- Creating a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration,
communication and alignment amongst team members.
- Hosting daily and weekly meetings with team members to ensure
staff is connected to each other and in tune with member
- Ensuring club provides high levels of customer service, a
consistently clean club, friendly/inviting service in which member
feedback is addressed in a timely manner.
- Establishing systems and processes to reward and recognize top
- Ability to diffuse tension and influence positive outcomes in
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc. and setting expectations around
these documents and policies for all team members and club
BUILD A HIGH PERFORMING TEAM
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Creating an open environment where employees are empowered to
ask questions and continue to progress along their Learning
- Sourcing and recruiting qualified candidates daily, including
high quality certified personal trainers
- Onboarding new team members utilizing proper immersion plans to
ensure clear expectations while setting the new employee up for
- Delivering effective coaching, training, feedback, and
performance management directly to team members.
- Progressing and developing trainers through continuous sales
and technical development.
- Following up with trainers regularly (daily/weekly) and holding
- Ensuring Level 1 shift productivity, including consistently
cleaning the gym floor and being present and available for
- Overseeing other manager's employee management and partnering
to provide guidance on coaching and development.
- Creating robust development plans for team members who want
growth in role and growth into new roles.
- Issuing daily direction based on club walkthroughs (MEW),
member feedback, and team feedback.
- Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess, and
address feedback on club needs and expectations.
- Responding to all member and team member requests, concerns,
and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Performing all basic system transactions pertaining to
- Developing and maintaining relationships with current members
on a personal basis with a goal to generate referrals.
- Being knowledgeable about all products and programs to
effectively build value in TSI's services.
- Being responsive to member feedback and complaints and working
towards timely resolution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ACHIEVE MEASURABLE RESULTS
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Hitting all key metrics in sales, revenue, retention, cost
management, fitness revenue, Fitness sales/ Net gain, Fitness
retention and Fitness booking/set up.
- Tracking Key Performance Indicies (KPI) for all departments and
creating action plans to improve KPIs.
- Strategically plan with GM the daily/weekly/monthly fitness
sales, revenue and retention goals.
- Partnering with the General Manager to review and analyze the
club's Profit & Loss statements and other financial reports daily
to ensure the club is on track to meet sales, fitness indicies and
- Collaborating with the General Manager to effectively manage
expenses including, but not limited to, labor, supplies and
- Increasing recurring EFT revenue by driving net member gain and
average dues up.
- Ensuring fitness products and services offered in clubs are
aligned and consistent with the company's overall fitness
- Administering scheduling and biweekly payroll for direct
reports and overseeing such administration by other club
- Ensuring that the club maintains a 30% rescind rate for billing
cancellations every month.
- Working in cooperation with the General Manager to manage and
process all cancellations following proper retention procedures in
place to retain members.
- Planning and executing daily/weekly/monthly individual and team
meetings. Including a minimum of biweekly learning and development
workshops offered for all club levels.
- Continuously seeking new avenues of prospecting including but
not limited to, call drives, special events in the club and
engaging new members at point of sale.
- Setting daily, weekly and monthly sales, revenue and retention
goals, including fitness, and monitoring the club's performance
- Leveraging the CRM system to ensure proper lead
- Consistently looking for opportunities to gain new members and
elevate service levels.
- Developing relationships with the community and local small
businesses by getting involved in community events a minimum of
twice per month.
- Actively building a network of contacts through prospecting and
- Driving retention by partnering with the fitness team to
effectively introduce fitness services at point of sale.
- Assisting the General Manager with bi-weekly payroll to ensure
all missed punches are corrected and submitted on time with payroll
signed off by the indicated deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years of management experience in a fitness, hospitality or
retail environment, sales and leadership.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service
- Prior experience analyzing Profit & Loss statements
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent training skills.
- Ability to handle challenging member issues with patience, tact
and the utmost professionalism.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
- Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
- Ability to proficiently use our POS, membership, CRM systems,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Comfortable leading outreach and referral activities that will
generate leads, contacts, and appointments.
- AA or BA/ BS degree, preferred.
Due to the nature of the business, Town Sports International has
specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
- Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of
the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory.
- TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January
- This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and
is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
- Able to work a fulltime flexible schedule that meets the needs
to the business including mornings, evenings, holidays,
Keywords: Town Sports International Holdings Inc, Yakima , Assistant General Manager., Other , Sunnyside, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!