Bilingual WIC Certifier
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join our family at YVFWC!
As a WIC certifier you will assess the WIC eligibility of women,
infants, and children, based on the evaluation of income, health
history, and assessment of weight, height, diet recall, and
hemoglobin. Certifiers provide basic nutritional counseling and
referrals to other community agencies, issue vouchers, and explain
the procedure for using vouchers. The WIC Certifier will maintain
caseload and production levels as specified at each site.
What we're looking for:
- Someone able to effectively communicate in individual and group
- Writes concise and clear communication in English and possesses
excellent telephone skills.
- Has a passion to work with infants and children.
- Basic computer and typing skills, use of basic math skills, and
alphabetize lists of names.
- Strong time management skills.
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with general guidance.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 2 years of customer service experience required. An
Associate's or Bachelor's degree may be substituted for two years
of work experience.
- Current Washington State driver's license and proof of
liability insurance coverage.
- Medical Assistant-Registered within 1 year of employment;
applied for within 10 days of employment, and WIC certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish and must demonstrate the ability to
communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
- Complete WIC Certification Competency Training provided and
pass internal quality measures to become certified.
- Nutrition training or experience.
- Experience working with children and infants.
- Experience with the public or teaching.
- Employees who have proof of completing a certified MA program
will retain their higher-level license of MA-P (phlebotomist).
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics,
14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two
states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home
(PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental,
pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism
screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion
for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to
work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Bilingual WIC Certifier, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!