Sandblaster - Dayshift
Company: Atlas Staffing
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Do you have great work history and are looking for the next step
in your career? Do you have experience working in the metal/steel
industry? Atlas Staffing is looking for a Sandblaster for a
reputable client in Yakima, WA! The ideal candidate will be
responsible for preparing parts using deburring, sand blaster and
wheelabrator machines. This position is entry level but is
physically demanding. If you are a team player with a positive
attitude and strong work ethic, we encourage you to apply!
Shift: Mon-Thurs 7AM-5PM Friday 7AM-12PM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect parts to ensure they comply with legal, organizational
or client specifications.
- As a sandblaster, you will be preparing parts using deburring,
sand blaster and wheelabrator machines.
- Utilize deburring tools to trim off extra elements, get rid of
rough edges of metal parts.
- Grind specified parts.
- Using appropriate protective equipment sand blast parts as
- Operate Wheelabrator machine and inspect parts to customer
- Perform finishing work on specified parts.
- Ensures tools are functioning properly.
- Notifies supervisors if machines are malfunctioning.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by supervisor and
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not
- Some background working with metal preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance preferred.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum,
Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Candidate has to be a strong team player and reliable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Constant standing. (5-8 hrs/shift)
- Constant use of hands.
- Constant lifting 50 lbs. or more.
*Why Choose Atlas Staffing?*
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves the Yakima
Valley and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for
our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates!
Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our
positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is
ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to
mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a
long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
*“I don’t know of any other staffing agency that puts people to
work at compatible, steady workplaces as this one." - Scott B.*
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Atlas Staffing, Yakima , Sandblaster - Dayshift, Other , Tieton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!