Fiscal Coordinator / Supervisor
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Serves as the day-to-day fiscal operations supervisor for Southeast
Washington Aging and Long Term Care. This role is responsible for
supervising the day to day functions of the Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable and the Payroll and Benefits management. This
position will ensure backup role to all functions of the fiscal
department, manage day to day personnel issues for that department
and ensure staff development. This position will assist the Fiscal
Manager with backup functions and prepare manager reports for
revenue and expenditures for decision making. The duties and
responsibilities will include training and oversight of the daily
fiscal operations. This role will hold primary responsibility for
working with contractors on budgets for contract cycle and provide
troubleshooting and technical assistance for contractors for
accounting related to ALTC program funds. This position will work
with managers on ADA compliance issues to include accommodations
and support managers on labor and industry claims that require
revised job descriptions, return to work processes and paperwork
and possible requests for outside medical evaluation.
- Supervises, assign and coordinate preparations of accounts
receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefits bank
reconciliations, and assist fiscal manager with month end closing
- Perform backup on accounts receivable, accounts payable,
payroll and fiscal manager responsibilities as needed.
- Makes hiring and termination recommendations.
- Monitors performance of fiscal staff supervised to include
performance evaluations and managing personnel concerns.
- Manages fiscal staff job performance by developing training and
performance improvement plans and keeps Director and Fiscal Manager
informed of any staffing concerns related to activity.
- Prepares reports for management staff on grant funded programs
to include cost per unit of service, trending across years by
program and contractor and direct services.
- Manages contract maximum consideration against monthly
expenditures and make recommendations in advance for contract
- Prepares Ad hoc reports for management as requested
- Assists Fiscal Manager and Contracts Manager with budget
forecasting for preparation.
- Assists managers with monthly reports on family caregiver
revenue and expenditures to include wages, benefits and contract
spending compared to revenue available. This includes extrapolating
data from payroll reports after each payroll by cost centers and
compare them to budgeted percentages of each cost center monthly.
Coordinate and communicate with appropriate program manager to
modify employee time use as needed.
- Review of financial components of request for proposals or open
procurement processes for contracts.
- Upon referral from managers, will assist employees with
accommodation issues, working with the supervisor, determining with
management reasonable accommodations and follow up with steps which
may include procuring a local expert to determine best method to
meet accommodation, coordinating steps to follow up with the
accommodation needs of the employee, documenting and placing in
- Work with managers when there is a labor and industry injury,
which may include corresponding with L&I, employee and manager,
revising job descriptions, corresponding with appropriate medical
professionals and other involved parties and when warranted,
establishing third party medical evaluations.
- Work with Payroll Specialist when there are employee needs for
drug and alcohol testing following the CBA
- In conjunction with the fiscal manager, review procedures for
quality, clarity, efficiency and compliance.
- Determines best mode of training and level of supervision to
perform quality work, audit AP and AR, troubleshoot issues to get
correct and timely information to Fiscal Manager for monthly and
year end closings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related degree with
considerable accounting curriculum.
- Two years of accounting experience
- Two years' experience in supervision
- A combination of accounting or related field, education and
experience which would provide the applicant with the desired
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
- Possession of a valid driver's license and minimum
state-required vehicle insurance and have use of reliable
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of
a criminal background investigation
- Valid State Driver's License required and proof of insurance,
- Human Resource experience
- Grant, fund, or governmental accounting experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $62,328 - $87,016 Annual
Keywords: iHire, Yakima , Fiscal Coordinator / Supervisor, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!