Company: Tillamook Dairy
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is "Do Right By
Every Bite." As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have
been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in
putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard
work can never be outsmarted. We're taking a stand for real food
because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce.
At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central
to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition
and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better
decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on
diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our
work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means
creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and
a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better
consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy
casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way,
your identification with food is important to us. People who fit
well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything
they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our
mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission,
thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in
Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We
Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
This position requires one to take initiative, be dependable,
adaptable, maintain a positive attitude and integrity, and work
well with others. The Operator will be responsible for the
sanitation and efficient operation of the raw material and finished
goods handling equipment. They are the final "set of eyes"
performing an evaluation of our products. This position provides
work coverage for Process Operators and Utility roles when needed
for absences, training, or other job assignments.
Here is a day in the life:
* Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on
responsibilities and challenges, establishing and achieving goals,
and exerting effort toward learning and mastering tasks
* Dependability - Job requires being honest, ethical, reliable,
responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
* Social - Job requires preferring to work with others in a
cooperative team environment rather than alone and being personally
connected with others on the job.
* Self-control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping
emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive
behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change
(positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the
* Communication Skills - Ability to understand and convey
information effectively in the English language in verbal and
* Technology - Can use devices such as a smartphone/tablet, and
personal computer to navigate and operate various applications.
* Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and
thorough in completing work tasks.
* Basic Mathematics & Science- Knowledge of arithmetic and using
scientific rules and methods to understand and solve problems.
* Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies,
procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the
protection of people, products, data, and property.
* Cheese Making - Understand the basic cheese-making process.
* Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other
individuals, and Area/Line performance to make improvements or take
* Statistical Process Control - Understands basic statistics and
their application in understanding a process and how that process
is responding to correction.
* Operation Monitoring & Control - Controlling operations of
equipment or systems. Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators
to make sure a machine is working properly.
* Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effective manufacture and handling of goods.
* Equipment Maintenance - Performing basic routine inspections and
maintenance on equipment and determining when another maintenance
* Other duties as assigned by your Team Lead, Supervisor, and/or
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* High school diploma or G.E.D is required.
* 1-3 yrs. of food manufacturing experience (Preferred).
* Weekend and off-shift work are required.
* Occasional lifting supplies using equipment.
* Standing raising and lowering u to 45# from to a height of
* Seldom lifting equipment.
* Standing liftin and car in to 45# at waist height for 6 feet.
* Occasional lifting supplies using equipment.
* Standing raising and lowering 45#.
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more
information, please visit the careers page:
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive
conditions where all employees are heard, valued, and feel a sense
of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts,
backgrounds, and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better
as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are
seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives, and
backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free
Keywords: Tillamook Dairy, Yakima , Operator (Cheese), Other , Boardman, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!